Topcoats, UV Gels, Acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katielb

Reaction score
I have long natural nails that are fairly strong and i love painting them, i just wish the colour/designs would last longer.

I have been looking around online and have looked into buying an acrylic powder and an acrylic monomer. (not sure if this is the right thing to buy)

I have also seen UV Gels but i can see you need to buy a UV light to use these, my only worry is from my understanding UV light is what comes from the sun and surely putting your hands under this light a lot may be harmful?

I am open to any suggestions, i need something better than a clear top coat as i have tried many of these and they don't seem to be thick enough to paint over the top of things like glitter.

Hope someone can help!

Katie :)

Hello and welcome to Salongeek.

I see by your profile that you are not trained/training in the industry?
As this is a professional site giving advise to budding beauty industry professionals you are not going to be told how to use the products or which products to buy but you will however be shown the correct direction to go for training.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but we don't encourage DIYers twe would much rather get you into the industry with great training.
:hug:

Thanks for the reply but I am not going to go for training just to do my own nails.

I found you message a little rude to be honest as when i joined the site it did not say anywhere that you had to be a professional or in training.

If you are not willing to give me any information i will find someone else who will.

Katie

Thanks for the reply but I am not going to go for training just to do my own nails.

I found you message a little rude to be honest as when i joined the site it did not say anywhere that you had to be a professional or in training.

If you are not willing to give me any information i will find someone else who will.

Katie

Ok Katie if you look at the top of your screen you will see that this forum is called 'Salongeek the professional community' I think that explains itself!

Could you also pin point where in my post I'm being 'rude' as I seem to be missing something!?
All I said in the post was something you obviously didn't want to hear:|

I'm sorry to disappoint you but there will be no professionals on this site who will be happy to help you use products you know nothing about or buy products from unauthorised sources.
We have all spend years and thousands of £/€/$ on training so we can be 'Professionals' not so we can help DIYers who want to save themselves a bit of cash by doing their own nails.
Again sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear but the truth hurts :grr:

Katie

I don't think you will! Not on this site anyway:green: as klassy klaws. Says this is a professional site and we do not give information about professional only products used as DIY.

You are very welcome to use the search facility to fact find about this industry if you are serious about making a career but please do not mess with potentially dangerous chemicals without training

It was very easy to join this site without having to be a professional, i feel maybe the restrictions should be changed... just like other 'Professional' forums!

It was not that i didn't want to hear what you were telling me it was the way it came across, i am a grown woman and will not tolerate being spoken to like i am stupid?

As soon as i find out how i will leave this site,

Thanks anyway!

It was very easy to join this site without having to be a professional, i feel maybe the restrictions should be changed... just like other 'Professional' forums!

It was not that i didn't want to hear what you were telling me it was the way it came across, i am a grown woman and will not tolerate being spoken to like i am stupid?

As soon as i find out how i will leave this site,

Thanks anyway!

Hello,

Very sorry you feel we are "rude", our rules as professionals joining the site prevent us from giving advice on pro product. If your question was related to non pro items we would all answer and try to help. Though I personally feel you have been a bit abrasive to your fellow geeks, Im still offering a suggestion, Soliel is a "gel" like topcoat, which is avaiable to the public. It is heat.cured (as in blowdryer or nail dryer) it is not a true gel topcoat but has fantastic staying power and brilliant shine. I hope if you do return you bear in mind, as pros we have a set of rules we MUST follow on salongeek. These rules do not apply to non pros, please understand we are not being unkind or rude, just following our sg rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back