Totally lost it? Mind went blank?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
Strangest thing happened to me yesterday. I had what you can call writer's block. :confused:

I was doing my usual practising but my mind just went blank. I couldn't for the life of me get the application right. It was like my mind was thinking one thing and my hands were doing something else. Very scary.

Has this ever happened to any of you guys? and if so what did you do about it.
For me the cooking and cleaning was put aside until I got IT back. You should see my nail table. Tips everywhere!:lol:

Hi,
So sorry to hear that happened to you.. I have had similar times.... Some days I am full on... motor thru my infills.. add nail art and I am happy with everything... Other days I have to tell my clients that I am a little "under the weather".. and need to concentrate 100% so I am not as chatty as I would normally be... they understand and think I must have had a rough night with the kids...
Our jobs are just like every one elses.. we have good days and bad... some people think "painting nails" is the easiest job in the world but we have to think clearly and be never spot on with everything.. not as easy as it looks...
Take a break..... do something else so you don;t learn a bad habbit while you are trying to make it perfect...
XXX Mel

Hi,
So sorry to hear that happened to you.. I have had similar times.... Some days I am full on... motor thru my infills.. add nail art and I am happy with everything... Other days I have to tell my clients that I am a little "under the weather".. and need to concentrate 100% so I am not as chatty as I would normally be... they understand and think I must have had a rough night with the kids...
Our jobs are just like every one elses.. we have good days and bad... some people think "painting nails" is the easiest job in the world but we have to think clearly and be never spot on with everything.. not as easy as it looks...
Take a break..... do something else so you don;t learn a bad habbit while you are trying to make it perfect...
XXX Mel
Thanks for your reassuring words:hug:
It was so crazy! Like suffering amnesia. I'm training and thought I was making progress when this happened and all I thought was "OH MY GAWD, WHAT'S HAPPENING" :lol:

you are not the only one GEEKS_R_WE , mine used to go totally blank when it came to actually doing the task..i would go over it all in my head 5 minutes before then as i am about to start..mind went blank...we all have good\bad days.

I suppose people think doing our job is easy.

you are not the only one GEEKS_R_WE , mine used to go totally blank when it came to actually doing the task..i would go over it all in my head 5 minutes before then as i am about to start..mind went blank...we all have goodbad days.

I suppose people think doing our job is easy.
:lol: so glad I'm not the only one.

Oh me, I get that all the time!!

I can be driving somewhere and know exactly where I am going, but for the life of me cant think how to get there....or I forget completely where it was I was heading in the first place.....:eek:

Happens to the best of us......brain strain!! lol :green:

I am uber organised when I am doing a clients nails everything to hand, no stress, I was doing a set of gels with nail art and glitter the other week and nothing was where it should have been there was no flow, my trolley looked like a bomb had hit it when I had finished, and I felt like I had climbed a mountain lol. Good job it was a friend of mine.. It happens to us all at some point ..xx

It's a case of ....Do you ever stop to think then forget to start again!:lol:

Latest posts

Back