Towel steamer/heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befab

Reaction score
Hi geeks, i am looking for a small towel heater or steamer that i can use in my facials, at the moment i am using bowl with hot water and as do not have a sink in my home treatment room i have to go fiwn stairs to change water, so i was thinking of getting a mini heater steamer, i only want yo soend Around £50-60. Any suggestions anyone please thank you x

Hi jack, this is exactly what im looking for. Thankyou!! I will order tonight.

Can I just jump on this thread, is there a difference between a towl heater and towel steamer, I was also looking at this one on Sd but also at this one:

Salons Direct | Salon Services for Hairdressing & Beauty Supplies

Is it simply a difference in size?

I would love to get one in.

Could you use these instead of heated booties?

I have the beauty pro towel steamer and hated it!! Didnt think it was worth the money and burnt myself loads on it and thats why i dont use it anymore. I bought a hot towel cabinet like the one recommended above and its fab!! xxx

Saw on here someone recommended using a slow cooker!

Here is a link to one thast Salondirect have that may be what you are looking for..

Beauty Pro Hot Towel Steamer, Professional Towel Steamer

Jack

Hi. In a salon I used to work on we used similar to this but they were basically food steamers so we had more room in them as they had 3 tiers and you can probably pick one up for about £20. They did the job, but as has also been mentioned on here u could burn yourself quite easily. You need to find a balance of not putting the mitts in too wet and them getting too hot and too dry and not being hot enough.
Anyway I have waffled a bit, hope it makes sense.
Jade. X

I use the hot towel cabinet myself as you can get more towels in it, also I often put some of my creams and oils in it to warm them for the treatments.

I read on here a few weeks a go that someone uses a slow cooker,i thought that it was a great idea!

Got my self one and it works great!

You can get small rice cookers that steam towels nicely and are so much smaller than a towel cabi if you dont have a lot of space.

Latest posts

Back