Towels or not for mobile hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilehair

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the process of setting up as a mobile hairdresser and was wondering what others do about towels? Do you use your own or do you use your clients own home towels? I'm wanting to be as professional as possible but also not sure of the costs of setting up with towels and laundry costs.

My clients always have their hair washed for me arriving so i only need my gown and cutting collar. If im doing a colour then i do take towels as i wouldnt want to stain the clients towels.

hi , i always take a least one towel with me ,and it doesnt matter if i dont use it . its always useful for drying tint bowls and brushes . They dont stay nice for long though!

Thanks guys, I did think about taking towels for drying my hands and bowls etc.

Hey im mobile always take towels with you even if the just the cheap tescos own ones you will always need them for somethong they only need be small..x

Much more prosessional to take your own towels - besides regular towels are far to big to work with.

More info

I have been operating a mobile hairdressing service with many contract operators for 11 years now. I have just completed writing two e-books one for mobile hairdressing - "kickstart", and the other the wedding hairdresser - these include our experiences of what worked and what didn't and all sorts of other mobile hairdressing related downloads, pricing charts, stock and equipment,advertising templates and other business related matter etc etc .

If you contact me via our contact page on our new website - http//easy-hairstyles-everyday.com
I will start you in the right direction, and you can request to go on the list for the new e-books which will be available in a couple of weeks.

This site is constantly growing and we will shortly have a members support area for hairdressers just like you.

regards
Sandra Lamb

My mate has her own mobile business. She swears by Easydry towels - that's why I use them in my salon. She says for mobile hairdressers they are perfect - they don't take up much room and you can chuck them in the recycle bin after using so you don't have to carry wet towels around. Clients like them because they're only ever used on them.

Hi.

For Hygenic reasons, I use the Clients Towels for washing purposes.

I don't do colours, perms, high & lowlights and chemical services, so again it is not necessary. However, I have one towel for Hair Braiding in my bag for the products that go in their hair and I can wipe my hands on it.

Most of my clients do infact have their hair washed for me. For the same price, I will offer to wash their hair if they are unable. Using a Mobile Backwash Tray is valuable item.

I do have a white Matrix Biolage Towel (if really needed and in perfect condition) and a cape for washing clients hair is a must.

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up as a mobile hairdresser and was wondering what others do about towels? Do you use your own or do you use your clients own home towels? I'm wanting to be as professional as possible but also not sure of the costs of setting up with towels and laundry costs.

i do all services so i always take my own towels.not good staining the clients

I always take my towles, also i found new salon mid size white towles for .50 each at my local fleet market.
:)

alway always take your own towels.
one it looks alot more profesional but second as said before you really don't want to stain clients own towels or leave product excess from wiping hands.
i have white for cutting services and black for technical.that way you don't end up with a load of ruined towels and it looks alot fresher having a clean white towel when cutting

I always take my own towels but i am in the process of changing over to the eco desposible option as i am sick of the expense (time electric water and powder ) laundering .Take a look they seem a much better idea and clients love the fact that they have only been used on them and then go in the recyling bin!!!:D

www.easydry.co.uk

I use EasyDry towels in my practice and love them!

i take towels...the reason especially doing tints with highlights..you dont wreck the clients own towels...i have my own towels..disposable capes too...more professional looking i think

Hye I baught a couple of packs of the tint resistant hairdressing towels from the wholesalers. I always take some even though I may not need them, then I put them in a seperate washing basket and at the end of the week they all get washed on a whites wash which is near enough boiling. They are so hardwearing and I have been using them every week for over 18 months and only now do they look a bit worn out. xx

I always take my own towels. Its much more professional, although some clients still want to use thir own but its always nice to have a choice. x

Latest posts

Back