TPTW - Inventive marketing ideas ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi guys , i am renting a chair in a salon and its a lovely little place but its very quiet , i am looking for really different marketing ideas to try get some business in the door for both hair & nails.
i have got the usual website , flyers , fb page etc... and at the moment am hitting a brick wall with other more inventive ideas :eek:
any ideas welcome xx

Is the salon in a town?
When i first opened my salon, i delivered letters to all the local businesses.
I just explained what we did, where we were etc.... and gave them a 10% off voucher that they could use for the next year on all services that they booked.I also included a business card and price list.
It just gets people in in the first place. These people still come to me now. They will pop in in their lunch hour or after work.
I get a lot of business from the local shops in my town.
I also give gift vouchers for local events like raffles etc.....
Anything that gets your name out there!
It's hard when you first start out but word of mouth is your best advertising. Unfortunately it's the slowest too!
Leave leaflets everywhere and get to as many local events as you can.
Good luck!

thank you hun :hug: thats gave me some stuff to think about ,
i did an email to business and stuff offering raffle prizes but no one got back to me , lol
canada is terrible at responding to stuff theyre so laid back here they literally are horizontal !
honestly they dont know what "in a rush" means , hahaha

Emails are easily forgotten!
Hand the letters out yourself and ask them to pin the price list up in the staff room and then they will have a daily reminder :)

Latest posts

Back