TPTW.....Text talk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no hablez el text speakey :lol:
Exactly, doesn't make much sense LOL

Text speak, poor grammar and lack of punctuation all make me crazy.
Text speak is the worst though.
Nor can I tolerate texting. If I wanted to email, I'd sit at my computer. Attempting to type anything on a wee bitty phone is enough to drive anyone to drink.
Any time that anyone sends me a text that requires more than 3-4 words to reply, I send one answer: CALL ME.

I find that in most cases, what takes eons to text back and forth and wait for replies and so on, could be handled MUCH FASTER within 60seconds on a telephone.

So yes please, keep text talk ON your phone and OFF the forums.
We more mature folk can't keep up :lol::lol:

I HATE it (Im 20) and never use shortened words ever ever occasionally use things like LOL and now HTH. A girl I once new kept "txting" me with things like "tyme" and it's really infurateds me to the fact I never replied! it really isn't anymore effort for adding two more letters surely/ she kept replace letters with wrong letters aswell with never actually shortened it...meaning it looked like she couldn't spell! People used to do it in essays at college aswell because they had become so used to write in text language get grrs me
OH LOL
x:mad:

I don't really think it matters whether I like text talk or not (I don't though:irked: )
the main issue is that using it on a forum like this is rude and ignorant !!

Harsh words?

I don't think so!

This is a global forum for Salon Profesionals and we have many Geeks on here for whom English is their second (or third or fourth!) language. Also there are many people who are dyslexic on here and text talk must make it even more difficult for them to understand threads.

It is just common sense and good manners to use proper English on here so that everyone can understand and participate and we can gain all from their insight and experience.

I honestly don't even see the need for debate on this, and feel it should be added into the Geek commandments that text talk is not allowed on the site so that there can be no dubiety.

Latest posts

Back