Trade Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suki

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently completed extension training and am gearing up for paying clients. I have been practising on family and friends to make sure I am good enough before charging. I am fairly confident of my technique now but am having trouble with where to buy good hair.

The training course gave a list of recommend suppliers and said we shouldn't pay more than £60 for 150/200 strands but I pretty soon worked out that all the hair recommended is poor quality chinese and doesn't look very good after a few washes.

I have done hours of research on better brands and sites that claim to offer good indian/european remy.

I have read good things on here about celebrity elite hair-does anyone know if the price on the website (approx £20 per 20 strands) is the cheapest price they do? I have found that a alot of my trade enquiries to the bigger brands are being ignored.

I also found this site that claimed to offer low cost Indian remy, I emailed them and was told they bought vast quantities so could offer it to extensionists cheaply. Both directors of the company claim many years in the business so is it possible the hair might be half decent?Lush Us UK Ltd

I don't mind buying the more expensive hair but was hoping to have a 2 tier price structure so clients have a slightly cheaper option (I thought this might be popular with the younger end like my daughter who have less disposable cash)

Any thoughts gratefully received :)

Suki

I would be very careful of making your prices too cheap. To do this would mean buying cheap hair and the client won't think of the cheaper price they paid when it goes ratty, they will just blame you. Don't under sell yourself :)

I use Balmain and yes I know as an educator for them that I would suggest them. However, I am an educator for them because I loved the product a long time BEFORE the educating.

With hair you do really get what you pay for and to buy in good quality hair and charge a decent rate is not unreasonable and totally feasible.

I live in a seaside town, most on min. wage but still am sucessful charging £350 for a full head. Quality is definitely the key :green:

What I am a bit confused about is why there is an extension course running not using a particular brand of hair? It's a bit of a no brainer :eek:

Hi,
The training course gave a list of recommend suppliers and said we shouldn't pay more than £60 for 150/200 strands but I pretty soon worked out that all the hair recommended is poor quality chinese and doesn't look very good after a few washes.
Suki

Hi Suki, sorry you cant find good trade hair , its a minefield out there trying to get good hair as you have found out...
but you won't get 200 strands of really good quality reusable hair for this £60 price....

200 strands would be enough to do a whole head of extensions , well thats how many I would put in roughly 90 grams to 100 grams but this depends on length also , anyway have sent you a pm about trade hair
Ps.... may I ask who you trained with ? .....
:hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back