Trade test - what to wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
Hi

I have my first trade test this week for a spa. Very nervous. It did say we have to dress professionally, so I'm wondering what, other than uniform, could I wear that woukd also be comfortable enough to do nails? Any suggestions please?

Also, we have to do mani with red polish, french and acrylics. The whole thing lasts 3 hours so would it be a full set do you think? Or a mix on each hand? Please let me know any tips you have.

Thanks so much :)

Definitely wear your uniform. The more professional you look the better! I wore mine and it was just for a regular small salon. It helps in the long run for sure! Also be prepared for them to surprise you with other treatments also, so if you're practicing, practice things like waxing and massage alongside nails! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely wear your uniform, even if they don't want you to wear one when/if you work there its always the way to go.

Karaxxx

Thanks for the advice!
My college uniform is all that I have and the tunic is bright pink :( That alone will make me stand out and I'll already be so nervous :/

Aw don't worry about that, it's very normal to be nervous and if the salon is worth their salt they'll be understanding. Do they know you're straight out of college, hopefully they do and that's also good for them to be aware of as they shouldn't be expecting and fully confident and self assured new starter.

Good luck, wear your uniform with pride, take confidence from it and know it gives you the right to be there.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back