Training academy advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if there was anyone that could offer some advice. I have opened a training academy and was approached by a lady the other day offering to teach her skills, that is fine as it will add more courses to the academy. what I am stuck on is do I charge her an hourly rate to teach these courses or ask for a set amount per session. I would be advertising her courses alongside mine, taking the bookings and sending out paperwork but was not certain if I would be responsible for all the photo copies of manuals/handouts etc. I will also be providing the room, heating, refreshments etc just wanted some feedback before I rang her to talk things over. what do you do?

you could charge her room rental and tell her that her manuals are up to her, or you could pay her per session and supplying manuals, coffee, etc but that means you taking the risk of the class not booked to capacity and reaping the benefits when its fully booked.

decide on both prices and see what she says.

I was going to do this somewhere and I would have provided all paperwork and products, etc, but used her training room, towels, etc, coffee service.
We agreed on a 60-40% cut.

Hi thank you for replying.
I spoke to the lady she wanted £20 an hour with me supplying all the equipment, manuals, oils, towels etc and she just turn up and teach. think it sounds a fair rate to me what do you think?

Latest posts

Back