Training hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the essentials training hand, I used one when I first trained and as I have not been doing nails for a while thought it might be a good investment, yes I could get people to practice on but I want to try different techniques, art etc and not everyone will let me do what I want to gain the experience I need. I need to get my timing down a little also, they are expensive and the ones on ebay have also been expensive for second hand, what do you all practice on, I want to learn l&p as I do gels at the moment , I have bought the little finger types but didnt like using them also its a pain getting the gels etc off. So would it be money well spent, I cant see any other type that I could do the enhancements on they all look the sort you slot the nail in and work on that, I need to brush up on filing skills also as I take my time at the moment, so they wont be any good. Any other suggestions?

I personally think the Nail Trainer is worth every penny, it's an investment in your career. .... you won't regret it :o

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the nail trainer and love it. I have two small kids and only have time to practice one or two nails at a time. It's not the same as a real person, but probably the closest you can get, and it's so convenient. I had one years ago, lost pieces in a move and found one for sale online for a steal! Practically brand new for $30! If you can get a deal on one its so worth it!

I have the nail trainer and I think its def worth the money! I'm still practising and its brilliant if u havnt got a model to work on! Xx:lol:

thanks for you views on them, at the moment they are on sale so thats why its not worth spending nearly as much on ebay for a second hand one, just hubby thinks they are a waste of money, he thinks I should just practice on people, I try to explain to him that to get to know a product/method it would be better to use on them first, I think I will just order a new one today whilst the offer is on, then at least I can get started and I can practice any time of day. I have a few of those little practice fingers but once the product is on them they are a pain to try and get off and take time, where as the nail trainer you just pop another nail on and go.

Go for it u won't regret it!! Good luck:lol:

Ordered it today, cant wait for it to come, then I can really get on and try to get my timings down and practice with the acrylics. Then get out there hopefully, ready for the spring.

I'm waiting for my uv lamp to come so I can practise more on mine. I hate the stink of acrylics in my house! Lol

I used tne cheap practice hand for everything.

Its inflexibility taught me loads. Ive even almost filed its hand off with an (ebay.bought) electric drill. . .

Thanks for asking this Question as I also have young children and when my friends are happy for me to practice on them it's late in the evening and I'm tired.
I really need to get my timing and try not to overthink to much lol

Latest posts

Back