Training in "acrylic & gel" 1 day courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini4mum

Reaction score
My daughter has gone with a friend of hers to a place in north East Surrey to be a model for this 1 day intensive course no prior knowledge needed to learn. It is accredited though! My daughter normally wears Shellac or Gelish which I happily do for her. She has fantastic nails & I don't want them ruined :-/
I have text her asking what products they use? I have told her not to let her friend buff her nail plate to within an inch of its life but am worried this will ruin her nails!
I think I am being overprotective!

Hopefully she will listen to your advice and I am sure she knows what ought to be done so hopefully she wont let them ruin her nails. Fingers crossed. Soon after I qualified I volunteered to be a model at the place that taught me so could sit in and have a refresher. It was awful, my nails took ages to recover. They were filed way too much, the extensions were a mess and I had to grow the buff off gel out as the nail plates were too thin to even try to buff them off.

I know that this was only my experience but you are correct in worrying. Just because the tutor is there it doesn't automatically mean that your daughter is going to get a good job done.

Thanks tanfastic, I think my worries were correct, just seen a picture the friend has placed on FB & my daughters nails plates are buffed within an inch of their lives & eponychium are red raw! Will be doing a lot of solar oil & almond milk bath tonight 😱

Latest posts

Back