Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I have completed a manicure/pedicure course at college but now would love to learn how to do nail extensions, I cant go back to college as I have comittments at home, I have been looking at distance learning courses (stonebridge Associated colleges is one company I have looked at), can anyone advise what is the best route to go, has anyone done their training this way? I dont want to waste my money doing a course that isnt worth the paper it is written on, Please could anyone help?:lol:
Tracey

I did mine with NSI why dont you call into your local suppliers they normally run courses from there.

Hi, I have completed a manicure/pedicure course at college but now would love to learn how to do nail extensions, I cant go back to college as I have comittments at home, I have been looking at distance learning courses (stonebridge Associated colleges is one company I have looked at), can anyone advise what is the best route to go, has anyone done their training this way? I dont want to waste my money doing a course that isnt worth the paper it is written on, Please could anyone help?:lol:
Tracey

These sort of courses have been discussed at length before and it boils down to a few points:

Nails is a hands-on skill which ideally is taught in a hands-on environment
Home learn courses can give you a grounding but have their limitations in what you can learn
Some major companies don't recognise home learn qualifications so if you wanted to train with then in the future you will need to start from the beginning again

If a college course is not practical why don't you look at training with a product manufacturer? Their Foundation Courses tend be held over 4 or 5 days so it's a mroe intense way of learning than college. CND, EzFlow, NSI, Young Nails and others all offer foundation training.......

Put 'Essential Nails' into the search facility on here......

hth's

I have looked at courses with companies around my area but there isnt any that fit around my committments, do these courses actually teach you how to apply nails? When I spoke to the company that I looked at they said it was all done through sitting test papers and reading course notes, how can this possibly teach you to apply nails to a client, how do you know if you are doing it right? I am totally lost and dont know what to do next, I really want to continue my learning as soon as possible but dont want to do nails badly.

I have looked at courses with companies around my area but there isnt any that fit around my committments, do these courses actually teach you how to apply nails? When I spoke to the company that I looked at they said it was all done through sitting test papers and reading course notes, how can this possibly teach you to apply nails to a client, how do you know if you are doing it right? I am totally lost and dont know what to do next, I really want to continue my learning as soon as possible but dont want to do nails badly.

All of my education has been classroom based with CND so I don't really know the ins and outs, but IMHO there is no way that 'sitting test papers and reading course notes' can teach you how to apply nails safely and skillfully. You can learn theory this way, but I don't think a practical, hands-on skill can be decently taught any other way than in a practical, hands-on evironment.

Sometimes to get good training you have to make some sacrifices, and maybe this is one of those times? For my Foundation Course I travelled 3 hours each day whilst having a 2 year old and a 5 year old and a full-time job (I took holiday to do my course). I was often doing my homework til nearly midnight but I managed it...... I know it's not a competition over who has the hardest life, lol, but some things are worth having to make arrangements for iykwim :hug:

hth's

Like above I think the creative course is the way to go. I start mine in August. It is only 5 days after all. I understand you have commitments but I think it will definately be worth the sacrifices in the long run.xx

Latest posts

Back