Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

june1800

Reaction score
i have recently qualified in nail and beauty i would like to train has an hairdresser too but im not sure if i am too old (am only 30) i have been told that it would be near on impossible for me to work in a salon while training n if i am not considered too old how and where should i go to find out about it thank you in advance for any help June1800

i have recently qualified in nail and beauty i would like to train has an hairdresser too but im not sure if i am too old (am only 30) i have been told that it would be near on impossible for me to work in a salon while training n if i am not considered too old how and where should i go to find out about it thank you in advance for any help June1800

You're only 30 :eek::eek::eek:...how can you be too old ????????...

I know i dont think i am but last year a lass that i started the nail course for went to whitwood college she got accepted on the course but she couldnt get a placement in a salon has she was too old and she was only 21 i asked my hairdresser why this was and she said the salon would have to pay her the minimum wage for her age which obviously is a lot more than they would pay for a 16-17 year old :irked: so if she was considered too old i will be way over the hill lol:lol:

god when i enrolled at 19 i was classed as a mature student by the funding bosy because i was doin level three and it was takin me up till at least my 23rd birthday, i was mortified to be classed as mature haha x

Latest posts

Back