Training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xEmmax

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, trained about a year ago with Bio Sculpture. I did basic manicure, gel, sculpture, nail art and tips courses. I'm really enjoying it but I'm very aware that I need more training. I really want to have a broader knowledge of the basics and not sure I can get that on a days manicure or pedicure course.

My local college does the NVQ Nail and Beauty courses and I'm not sure whether to go down that route or maybe some of the CND courses.

I want to be the best I can and am happy to spend money on courses but really don't want to waste my time and money on something thats not very good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Hi Emma, if you want to be the best you have to use and be educated by the best, put in the hard yards and practice, practice, practice, and seek ongoing advanced education.

Have a look through the threads and see what other geeks have recommended for education, those that are successful ask them, what do they use, who would they recommend. There is a wealth of knowledge and very successful geeks on this site willing to praise their educator and distributor.

Often the saying "you pay for what you get" is so true. I have personally found that you get the best education from Private Training Establishments. I am CND trained and have never regretted my choice of training Establishments.:)

You will get a much better education from CND courses than you will from your local college, hth :hug:

Thank you for advice. I'll forget about local college and go with CND instead. Thought they might be best but wanted to be sure. :)

You will get a much better education from CND courses than you will from your local college, hth :hug:
I personaly think taking an nvq may be a step back from private training,as some tutors who teach it may not have as much passion and experience as someone from CND,OPI,etc,so i would go the company route.This is just my own personal experience,heck even the tutor that taught L&P even commented it was not her best subject:eek:

Latest posts

Back