Trauma Caused Thro Improper Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that if someone has literally "ripped off" their enhancements to a degree where their actual nail bed is sore should I just give them a moisture boost and regular manicures or should I replace the enhancements as a protector but keep them short???

By the way I didn't do them for her someone else did but she's a friend, obviously i have severely reprimanded her for doing this :!:

HELP ANYONE PLEASE!!!! :cry:

michelemacca said:
Am I right in thinking that if someone has literally "ripped off" their enhancements to a degree where their actual nail bed is sore should I just give them a moisture boost and regular manicures or should I replace the enhancements as a protector but keep them short???

By the way I didn't do them for her someone else did but she's a friend, obviously i have severely reprimanded her for doing this :!:
Hi babe,
You have a choice here and it really depends on what the client wants........
You can go the natural nail care route, plenty of TLC and let the nail damage grow out....... the only thing is, her nails will split and bend and tear as soon as they grow just a little bit over the free edge.....
If its the naural way then use Toughen up, solar oil as a regular beauty routine. The nails will have to be kept short and filed regularly, so they dont bend and split.............

Overlays:
You can apply a fibreglass overlay on the natural nail, this will protect the thin nail plate and then the nail damage will grow out without to much trouble.....
But if she is a picker then it has to be made clear to her one more stunt like the last one and she will have nails that will be to thin and flimsy to hold onto any product......... and it will be sore as hell for a few months or at least until all the damage has grown out...........

I would not use enhancements as in tips and overlay, as the natural nail might not be strong enough to hold onto the tip and the overlay.....she might just find that she will have more lifting and then she might get tempted to pull them off too............
Todays enhancement products love Keratin the more and the healthier it is the better any enhancement will last...
So I would either got the natural oute or the fibreglass overlay without the tips route ...
But either way lots of ~TLC~ and Solar oil xxxx
HTH

Thanks babe, I have promised to take her a bottle of Solar Oil tomorrow to start the TLC and will persuade her with the Toughen Up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS like the Signature chick x

Latest posts

Back