Treatment price increase?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie--x

Reaction score
since I've started lashing just under 2 months ago I've kept my prices pretty low - I was hoping it would attract more clients to start with me - it's not really worked - I now want to put my lash prices up to a reasonable price for my area but how do I do it and let people know without putting people off? I've really made a mistake having them low and now wanting to put them up so I feel a bit silly for that but any help would be appreciated- I'm new to all kinds of business really so it's a lesson learned!
Thanks in advance

since I've started lashing just under 2 months ago I've kept my prices pretty low - I was hoping it would attract more clients to start with me - it's not really worked - I now want to put my lash prices up to a reasonable price for my area but how do I do it and let people know without putting people off? I've really made a mistake having them low and now wanting to put them up so I feel a bit silly for that but any help would be appreciated- I'm new to all kinds of business really so it's a lesson learned!
Thanks in advance

well fair play at least you've realised you've made mistake, I think if I were in your situation id inform all my existing clients that ill be putting up the prices as of next month to give them a little notice and go ahead and put them up to the new price for new customers

if you're not mega busy at the moment its not going to make a major difference

if your work is good quality - shift the focus onto that and how the price reflects the quality of your work

well fair play at least you've realised you've made mistake, I think if I were in your situation id inform all my existing clients that ill be putting up the prices as of next month to give them a little notice and go ahead and put them up to the new price for new customers

if your work is good quality - shift the focus onto that and how the price reflects the quality of your work
Thank you! Definitely a lesson learned! I'll send a message out to clients I have booked in this month to let them know what's going on! Luckily I'm not massively busy yet so like you said it won't make to much of a difference x

Thank you! Definitely a lesson learned! I'll send a message out to clients I have booked in this month to let them know what's going on! Luckily I'm not massively busy yet so like you said it won't make to much of a difference x

I would just do a little advert saying thanks for the support, your introductory prices will be coming to an end on such and such date and prices will be reverting to xxx amount.

Just put them up, we had our first price increase in 4 years and I sas nervous, I just told my regulars that next time the price may have increased as the prices are changing and no one questioned it :)
If you draw too much attention to it then certain types of people will question it xx

Hi Ellie, I did exactly the same as you when I started. I had my prices low, then I became afraid to put them up for fear of losing my clients. They gradually went up a bit every year or so but because they were so low to start with, it didn't help much. In the end, I did a massive price hike and the clients who are with me now are the loyal regulars who I want to keep. It's best to do your price increase early rather than later.

Thank you everyone for your replies!
Ive done a small price increase now and said it is a special offer price and I will put it up again soon and say the offer has ended.
I haven't been lashing long and didn't really have many customers so I don't think anyone will notice to much, im just keeping an eye on the prices around my area now so that I can keep my new prices around what the going rate is here I suppose you would say!
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back