Trip to Paris!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Just about to book a last minute trip to Paris with my partner and have a couple things I want to do but don't want to miss anything!
What have you all done on your visits?xx

Never been but according to this book if you like macarons you should try Pierre Herme, 72 Rue Bonaparte in Paris. Apparently much much better than Laduree

I always look at this before I go on a city break, full of li'l tid bits

Have fun
Samantha
xoxo

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374651837.127874.jpg

Book as much as you can in advance to avoid queues if you are going to galleries etc. I went a few years ago and was so glad I thought to do this.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

We went for a long weekend last year for our anniversary.

As soon as we got there we left our stuff at the hotel and went sightseeing, we did EVERYTHING by foot so that we could see all the sights.

We saw
The Eiffel Tower (went right to the top)
Le Louvre (although didn't see the Mona Lisa! :sad:)
Arc De Triomphe
Le Pompidou Centre
Notre Dame
Champes Elysees
(I'm sure there is more, but can't quite remember!)

I took hundreds of pictures.

We stayed in St Germain and this was our hotel it was absolutely beautiful.

We went out for dinner and drinks in the St Germain area, however drinks everywhere are very expensive...about 8euros for a bottle of Corona.

We had an excellent time but were shattered once it was over! Its a truly beautiful city.

I went in January and it was freezing so we did a bus tour with foxy and it was great you got to see everything and it was really descriptive. Printemps is worth a look but it isn't very welcoming and it cost €1.50 each for the loo! We loved sitting in a cafe and just watching people. You could maybe have a look on Groupon and see if there are any deals while your there.

Great idea about booking things before. I'm more of a sight seeer (see-er?!)
Has anyone been to love locks bridge and up the tower?xx

We went for a long weekend last year for our anniversary.

As soon as we got there we left our stuff at the hotel and went sightseeing, we did EVERYTHING by foot so that we could see all the sights.

We saw
The Eiffel Tower (went right to the top)
Le Louvre (although didn't see the Mona Lisa! :sad:)
Arc De Triomphe
Le Pompidou Centre
Notre Dame
Champes Elysees
(I'm sure there is more, but can't quite remember!)

I took hundreds of pictures.

We stayed in St Germain and this was our hotel it was absolutely beautiful.

We went out for dinner and drinks in the St Germain area, however drinks everywhere are very expensive...about 8euros for a bottle of Corona.

We had an excellent time but were shattered once it was over! Its a truly beautiful city.

How was the Eiffel Tower did you go in the evenings??xx

We went for my hubby's bday and I booked both the moulin rouge and an evening dinner cruise- the moulin rouge was such a let down - so much like a panto cabaret act that I doubted for a while I'd booked the right thing! If you can book dinner on board a bateaux boat- it's not cheap but food was fab, atmosphere excellent and views stunning- I'd recommend it to anyone!!!! Have a fab time x

P.s oh, they do a free guided tour around the Notre dame too - that was wonderful, when you know all the stories you really look at it differently, so do that too!

Take some comfy shoes! I was in hell with mine the first time we went because there is a lot of walking and sometimes up hill! We went looking for the salvador dali art gallery, who is one of my favourite artists & i studied him in my a levels, and it was up hill cobbled streets miles away! Its a lovely city & you can just walk for miles and its such a lovely romantic city. We have been 3 times and once more just to disneyland and cant wait to go back! You have to do the eiffel tower but its really high & sways a bit lol but you have to do it. It will cost a fortune but having lunch on the champs elysse while people watching is fun. Oh and if you have a day spare disneyland of corse, its really easy to get to from the city centre! You will have a great time

Oh and there is a river boat taxi sightseeing thing which is good & not pricey. You can get off at say notre dame and then get back on, it goes around in a circle on the river seine i think and i think there was commentary on the sights...worth doing & saves on walking lol

How was the Eiffel Tower did you go in the evenings??xx

It was lovely...busy and lots of people trying to walk to the top...on the way up we walked the whole way and on the way down we got the lift half way down. We only did it once as BF is terrified of heights!

We went up during the day which was fun, but it's meant to be absolutely stunning at night x

We're going Subday for 3 nights en route south. We've booked a bike tour the first day which looks like fun! Weather not looking great for it Monday but hey, I'm British!!!!

Latest posts

Back