Trouble sleeping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassies97

Reaction score
Any of you geeks have trouble sleeping?

I always have ever since i was little.

What does everyone like to do that helps them get to sleep?

I struggle to sleep too! My doctor has prescribed me 6 different sleeping tablets so far and none of them have worked unfortunately.. I downloaded a sleep hypnosis app and listened to that in the past which worked at first but after a while it stopped working for me. Its not just getting to sleep which is hard for me i also always wake up atleast 3 times in the night so if anyone does have any tips I would be really interested to try them I would love to have a good nights sleep!

I struggle to sleep too! My doctor has prescribed me 6 different sleeping tablets so far and none of them have worked unfortunately.. I downloaded a sleep hypnosis app and listened to that in the past which worked at first but after a while it stopped working for me. Its not just getting to sleep which is hard for me i also always wake up atleast 3 times in the night so if anyone does have any tips I would be really interested to try them I would love to have a good nights sleep!

I was falling asleep on the couch before, came upstairs to have a nice hot bubble bath, was in bed by half 9 and i'm wide awake[emoji17]

I have a massive problem falling asleep because I'm always on my phone!

I have a massive problem falling asleep because I'm always on my phone!

My phone is one of the things that helps me sleep, as is my television.

I can't sleep in a dark quiet room. I need background noise other than music.

Warm feet and fresh air. I've had trouble sleeping for years, one of the best things to do is just get out of bed if you're in a rut. If I feel like I've been laying there for ages I go and sit downstairs and read a book, literally just 10minutes can help, then go back to bed. I also like having white noise in my bedroom. Something on a constant drone.

I can sleep but I keep waking up around 3.30/4am and then can't go back to sleep.

So agree with makenna on the warm feet! I go on my phone as well which is easier that reading as putting the light on seems a bit anti social!

And if I can pick up on a clock or watch ticking I won't be able to sleep till I've moved it lol

Annoyingly I often go back off just as its getting daylight :(

Any of you geeks have trouble sleeping?

I always have ever since i was little.

What does everyone like to do that helps them get to sleep?

Have you ever heard of artemisia annua?? I drink this in the form of a tea, it tastes foul but it is really good for relaxation. Google it. The Chinese have been using this tea as a cure all for centuries. I take a derivative, Artemisinin tablet to keep my breast cancer from recurring, this is my 2nd year clear, yay! Hope the tea helps you to sleep.

Paul McKenna I can make you sleep book with hypno CD, on ebay for about £2.50. Plays for about 20 minutes and you'll be fast asleep in no time. I've not read the book, but the CD is great.
Warning, don't try it on youtube as they have loads of really creepy voiced ones, which won't make you sleep!

This is my method for getting myself back to sleep if I wake up in the night.
Might work for you or it might not.

Try closing your eyes and telling yourself a story (not out loud). Doesn't matter what it's about but something soothing like a version of Goldilocks and the three Bears rather than a scary ghost story.

The idea is to focus on something relaxing but not related to your own life so you're not thinking about anything negative or real life dramas.

I'm glad someone posted this! I can sleep when I'm at my partners house but when I come home and try and sleep I fall asleep at about 2ish sleep for an hour and then I'm awake from 3/4 till about 6 and then back again till my alarm goes off so annoying!

My phone is one of the things that helps me sleep, as is my television.

I can't sleep in a dark quiet room. I need background noise other than music.

I know you may think your phone and television help. But it doesn't, you aren't getting a decent quality of sleep. Both televisions and phones emit a blue light which stirs up the brain and prevents a decent night sleep.

I've got a meditation app on my phone and part of it is helping you to sleep. Teaches you to do things like tense your muscles for a few seconds then let go... sounds daft but it seems to help

My Dr prescribed me antihistamines to help me sleep as its one of the side effects and its helped! Although I only take them when I really need to but there also not addictive either.
But my new iron tablets that I'm now on have been giving me more energy and helping me sleep at night also
x

Have you ever heard of artemisia annua?? I drink this in the form of a tea, it tastes foul but it is really good for relaxation. Google it. The Chinese have been using this tea as a cure all for centuries. I take a derivative, Artemisinin tablet to keep my breast cancer from recurring, this is my 2nd year clear, yay! Hope the tea helps you to sleep.

If it tastes like tea I can't[emoji40] i'll have to look into it though thanks!

I know you may think your phone and television help. But it doesn't, you aren't getting a decent quality of sleep. Both televisions and phones emit a blue light which stirs up the brain and prevents a decent night sleep.

I put it on sleep so it turns itself off!

I mean it initially helps me get to sleep! I don't mind waking up in darkness because the television pisses me off when i just wake up!

I've tried loads of things over the years, they all seem to work for a while then I'm back to square one :( several have already been said

No tv/phone/laptop right before bed, kindle or a book just for a little while
Don't lie in on your day off or stay up stupidly late on your Friday night. Stick to a schedule
Lying awake? Get up, read for a few. Try again.
Keep the bedroom for sleeping ;) it's not for watching movies or aerobics. Your brain should associate the bedroom with sleeping
Warm feet and fresh air is a must for me. We have a thicker duvet and throw on the bed so I can have the window open without him freezing!
Breathing exercises? Breathe in for 8, hold for 4, release for 4. Or whatever numbers you can manage :)
Breathe in, as you breathe out imagine pushing it out to your feet, the next breath to your ankles, then calves etc all the way through your body until either you're asleep or you're at least relaxed
Medication/aromatherapy oils/white noise
Fitbit or similar phone app that monitors your sleep. We discovered we both woke up at a certain time of the morning in a rather odd pattern from it and it was nextdoor slamming his car door going to work the 3am shift!!

Melatonin!!! I have had sleep issues all my 36 years.

@cams97 i got this book free from bookbub I've only read the beginning but I think it's quite good so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 25
I go to sleep too late & over sleep in the morning every day of my life... There's no hope for me... I have 3 kids & a hubby that do it too, it amazes me when people say their up at 6 or something ridiculous like that, I've only been asleep a short while at 6am! :mad:

Latest posts

Back