Trouble with IBD Soak Off color Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iam34ouch

Reaction score
I ordered the IBD Color Soak Off gel on the advise of another nail tech here in town but don't think I'm using it right! Could someone tell me what the proper application steps are? The gel keeps pulling away from every edge of the nail as soon as I apply it, don't even have time to flash most times! And when I finally get it on and take the residue off the top with the Cleaner Plus it takes all of the shine off of the nail and leaves it looking dull and ugly!! Please can someone help me, I've searched the internet, emailed the IBD company (who didn't even email me back) to find out what I'm doing wrong and can't find anything. Thanks, Lisa

hi if your getting a dull finish after cleansing the bulbs might need to be replaced or your not curing long enough. as for the other problem i dont know.

i did use the clear with glitter sprinkled on then another top coat of clear on my sisters toes and didnt have a problem.

i might have a goe with it on the weekend and see how i do then post the results

hi how are you? did you get a user manual with it if not heres the colored gel polish steps

*complete the 5 basic nail prep steps
*apply bonder sparingly, blot the nails with a dry nail wipe to remove excess bonder . the nails should now look dull and grainy cure for 1 minute do not cleanse
*lusing the simple polish-on method, apply a thin layer of the IBD soak off clear gel, cure for 1 minute.
*apply a layer of the IBD soak off color of your choice color from the cuticle to the free edge making sure to cap the free edge and sidewalls flash cure for 30 secs apply second coat if desired and flash cure for 30 secs
*once all nails have been flashed cured , cure all nails for 3 minutes
* cleanse the dispersion layer off , using 1-3 wipes for each hand , a wipe with too much gel on it will cause dulling.
*finish with a coat of clear soak off gel and cleanse
*optional - apply top coat
*apply cuticle oil and massage into the cuticle area

HTH

Thank you so much for all your help. I was not given any info on application when I ordered the gel, but got info from another nail tech. She did not tell me to wipe the dispersion off the color gel before puting the last coat of clear and gave me the wrong curing times for the color. Thanks again!

thats alright

Latest posts

Back