Trying to get my hair lighter but its not working!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wanted ur advice.

I have mid-dark brown hair & have wanted to go golden brown/dark blonde 4 ages. I have been 2 several hairdressers who each said it could be done but then the colour has gone darker than my natural shade & not at all the colour intended. Each time a new colour has been done it goes darker n darker. :irked:

Can you guys give n e advice as to what should be done, some1 suggested stripping the hair but I am a little wary as it sounds a little harsh.

Thanks in advance

Katrine x

if they have tinted it and it has gone darker and u wanna go lighter, their is no way around it, it will have to be stripped, now it can be done in three ways in my opinion, first and least harsh is colour reduction, a product that removes artificial colour from the hair and can be effective but not always, 2nd bleach bath to lift the hair to the desired base level and then tinting over it to add the tone u wish, and thirdly and probably least damaging, foiling it with a lighter shade to give a subtle lighter over all look. x

How bizzarre, it sounds as if the stylists are perhaps getting a little confused with what you are saying.

in order to achieve a lighter shade than the one you already have , it would require lifting and not just placing another tone on top of the pre existing colour.

and colour stripping is a different ball game all together, you'd probably be best prelightning to hair to the achieved depth then add the tone :lol:

HI IM ASIAN AND ALWAYS HAD PROBS WI GOIN LIGHTER BUT MY HAIRDRESSER USES MAGMA AND IV GOT BLONDE HAIR NOW 2 TRY IT!:lol:

Latest posts

Back