Trying to have a baby!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a little while now. Nobody really knows except my family lol. But everyone keeps asking why im not preggers yet! I find it a bit rude and a little hurtful. I feel bad enough for my husband with out people bothering me!

I know he is 27 but I just turned 22 I have time! Plus he is in camp half thr month :(

Am I being over sensitive?

Hi Jocie, I don't think you're being oversensitive at all! Some people don't realise that most of the time, you can't get pregnant just by a click of the finger! Try not to feel pressurised, stressing over things will just make it worse & you are both only young! Make sure you reassure your husband too...men tend to keep this kind of thing quiet! In the long run I hope everything turns out how you want it & don't let anyone get you down, when someone brings it up say something like 'We're just taking it in our stride' or something, it'll take the pressure off your husband & besides...it's nothing to do with them :p

Definitely not! Big hugs to you. People can be so pushy. You have a baby when you feel ready. It's no ones business and really not something you just do because it's expected. Good luck when you do have one though :) x

Oh course you are not being over sensitive people just don't know when to bite their tongues at times and assume because your pregnant babies are next on the list.

Like the other poster said try not to let it get to you, just have fun and it'll happen when its meant to.

My god at 22 and 27 you still have loads of time to have babies. My other half was 36 when he had his first child (with me, he's 13 years older than me).

Xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

I guess if they no your trying they will ask out of curiosity, maybe they don't realise how they are making you feel, try not to let it get to you and don't put to much pressure on yourselves, good luck x x

tell them that you're going at it hammer and thongs ....that should shut them up. none of their business.

have fun and enjoy yourselves...

Just enjoy the 'practising' for the time being ;) lol. It will happen if/when it's meant to :) you both have many years ahead yet :) xxx

Thanks ladys! Xoxo its mostly my inlaws who get on my nerves. She gets mad because its not fair that my mon is a grandma at 45 abd she is 55 and nobody has given her grand children. Ooohh wahhh she is such a mean mother to my husband. Thats why we dont visit her lol.

Tell your husband to have a quiet word with his mother. I know if my mum was doing that I'd be having a right go at her. She can wait! x

Thanks ladys! Xoxo its mostly my inlaws who get on my nerves. She gets mad because its not fair that my mon is a grandma at 45 abd she is 55 and nobody has given her grand children. Ooohh wahhh she is such a mean mother to my husband. Thats why we dont visit her lol.

Ohh no what a nightmare, one thing I learnt while trying to get pregnant was pressure really dose not Help!
I tried for two years and was so anxious every month, I had endrometrosis so in the end was going to the hospital for tests to see why I was not falling pregnant, the minute I relaxed and switched off trying I fell pregnant :)
So you really do not need pressure off in laws making you feel bad!
Your husband defiantly needs a quite word and maybe even say you are putting it on hold for now (even though your not) just to get her off your back!
X

For some reason when you are going to have or trying for a baby it means your public property. People ask you personal things about your breasts and your pelvic floor, what positions you try, whether you're ovulating, they touch our belly and baby and they love to tell you how big you are and ask 'are you sure there's just one'!
Oh and I feel for you about in laws-mine are a nightmare 😡

For some reason when you are going to have or trying for a baby it means your public property. People ask you personal things about your breasts and your pelvic floor, what positions you try, whether you're ovulating, they touch our belly and baby and they love to tell you how big you are and ask 'are you sure there's just one'!
Oh and I feel for you about in laws-mine are a nightmare 😡

That is so true! I also found it strange when id just had my daughter people would say "are you having anymore" and this is when she was a week or two old!!x

he thing is families can unwittingly put to much pressure on a couple wanting children ...they do so with good intentions as they are as keen as you to have a new addition to the family but they really dont realize the pressure they put a couple under.
This same thing happened to me many many years ago when we wanted to start a family ...pressure of when when when was driving my wife nuts and in consequence nothing happened ..her family was putting her under pressure to go for tests...is it his fault or yours that you cant have children...OMG what a nightmare

Well we had a long talk and both agreed that we would gave up forcefully trying and let mother nature decide when the time was right for us and told the family so....within months my wife was preggers

Oh and then another sone just a couple of years ;later
just goes to show the power of the mind ;))))

Latest posts

Back