tuxedo board

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
my teacher reccomended i use the tuxedo file. I think its great but im a liitle confused. I use the white side for finishing but if the acrylic is some times bumpy it takes ages to file. also when im blending the tips i use the white side, is this ok as it sometimes takes a while to blend as the white side goes very soft. does this mean i need to use another file. I also did a rbalance on my mum and used the black side. After a while my mum screamed and her nail was red what does this mean? am i using this file correctly. also when im finishing i use the the white block then super shiney. Is this ok. sorry for the story but any answers much appreciated.

the tuxedo file is a 240/180 - the reason your mum screamed was because you were causing friction burns to her nails.

How far into your course are you - do you not finish off by oil buffing with the koala buffer then the girlfriend.

zoeCU said:
my teacher reccomended i use the tuxedo file. I think its great but im a liitle confused.

I use the white side for finishing but if the acrylic is some times bumpy it takes ages to file.

Use the black side to remove those bumps then refine with the white 240 side.

also when im blending the tips i use the white side, is this ok as it sometimes takes a while to blend as the white side goes very soft. does this mean i need to use another file

I pre-blend the tip first with the black (180) side then after I have adhered the tip and then blend it into the nail with a 240 - but personally I prefer the Kanga (240) file.

. I also did a rbalance on my mum and used the black side. After a while my mum screamed and her nail was red what does this mean?
Sounds like you filed her natural nail you might need to go a bit slower and be carefull to only file the overlay

also when im finishing i use the the white block then super shiney. Is this ok. sorry for the story but any answers much appreciated

Personally I use the white block to buff all around the nail, I then apply some solar oil then buff the nail with the koala the smooth shiney side that is, wipe with some Scrub Fresh and finish with 3 way buffer aka the girlfriend and hey presto

naturalnails said:
the tuxedo file is a 240/180 - the reason your mum screamed was because you were causing friction burns to her nails.

How far into your course are you - do you not finish off by oil buffing with the koala buffer then the girlfriend.
Ive just passed my creative foundation last week. I do have the koala buffers but i dont have the girlfriend. i was told to use the whie buffer for cheapness.could i still use the koala to oil without using the girlfriend or would i just be better getting the girlfriend. also when im blending is this ok to use the white side of the tuxedo.

Fab Freak said:
zoeCU said:
my teacher reccomended i use the tuxedo file. I think its great but im a liitle confused.

Use the black side to remove those bumps then refine with the white 240 side.

I pre-blend the tip first with the black (180) side then after I have adhered the tip and then blend it into the nail with a 240 - but personally I prefer the Kanga (240) file.
Thanks a lot for your answer really helpful.

Sounds like you filed her natural nail you might need to go a bit slower and be carefull to only file the overlay

Personally I use the white block to buff all around the nail, I then apply some solar oil then buff the nail with the koala the smooth shiney side that is, wipe with some Scrub Fresh and finish with 3 way buffer aka the girlfriend and hey presto

Latest posts

Back