TV publicity for new salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suey

Reaction score
is anyone opening a salon soon and wants some major publicity on tv?

I was contacted by Channel 4 who are currently producing a new series of 'risking it all' This is what they are after:-

We are interested in finding people who along with one or more business
partner are on the cusp of starting a new small business, we will be
following them through their set up months and then the first year of
trading.

So if anyone is interested please e mail me and i will give you more details! :p

Come on folks, there must be someone out there willing to let us watch them on the telly?!!!!

Hi Suey - Risking it All has already featured 2 women who sold everything (well one of them did) to open up Green St Salon in Bath; Sam and I went to the launch as they chose CND for nails! Are they wanting the same thing again??

I filled in the form on their website already so guessing they won't want my details twice??
That said, I'm not opening a huge business anyway, just looking at home salon and mobile, so don't think I'm interesting enough :)
Presumably you don't get paid to be on it....? :D

They asked me if i knew of anyone that i supplied to that was just starting out. I actually didn't see the first series, but apparently it was quite popular with 3 million viewers, not a bad bit of advertising! I would assume by the title, they would want someone actually having the overheads of a salon ie risking it all, sorry Bimbogeri! They follow you for a few months, and you get the benefit of financial and practical advice.

Nails by Nicola and i were going to pretend we had just started with the salon, but decided the tv makes it seem you are quite a few pounds heavier than you actually are, so we decided against it! :)

They are actually after something on the beauty/nails side, so it may be similar to the last series Samantha. I can't see it creating much interest for my web site, but hey, if it helps a geek, and is good for the nails business then i am all for it.

So come on don't be shy...anyone out there???

I'm starting up, but I'm doing mobile, and I'm too shy :D

I dont know if we would count, we have allready started but are struggling, we do nails, tanning and lingerie. BUT I have bloody risked a lot and have my house on the line too!

Its typical, i watched the Green Street Salon amazed and I have just opened a really fab new nail & beauty salon from scratch, basically it was a 1500square foot empty room, my god how we have transformed it .............................too late again, never mind

Amanda

Typical ay? Seems like both of you would've been ideal!

it would be great if we could see one us geeky gang on the telly though.

I may be in the next month or so be opening a new salon. I am just waiting to hear from the bank if I can get a commerical mortgage, god its going to cost me a fourtune...and I am risking all my partners equity!!! I will let you know if I decide to take this shop on!

Latest posts

Back