Twinkle toes feeling rough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josiejo

Reaction score
Hi just had some new glitter n colours from shellac and when the top coat is applied they still feel rough? Is this normal?? Please help me geekers!!! :-(

I normally find you need two coats of top with glitter to get the nice smooth feeling :)

if you really scrub the glitter with yourbrush you will get a smooth finish andonly need onetop coatxx

Rockstars/twinkle toes/glitter toes/whatever you want to call them, should be completely smooth, as smooth as a normal Shellac application if you are using a normal glitter. Chunky glitters can feel a bit more textured and require 2 topcoats, but should then feel smooth after the second topcoat.

If your toes are feeling rough after the topcoat (or 2nd topcoat for chunky glitter) then either you have put too much glitter on, or you're not scrubbing it into the tacky layer then brushing the excess off thoroughly enough. Really scrub the glitter in, then brush it thoroughly to get all the excess off. If you do this then topcoat you will get a smooth finish :Love:

Grin. I like the textured feel. I do top coat my clients, but do not top my own at all. (i know. I'm weird!)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Oh so when I brush the glitter on it's best to press the glitter actually in to the layer of shellac colour then? I also didn't wipe off any excess :) I will try both of these! Thank u so much for ur help! X x x

After I've pressed glitter in to tacky layer I sweep away excess with fan brush then instead of two topcoats I do one clearly pink then one topcoat- leaves a lovely smoothe finish and uses less topcoat. X x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back