Two Green Thumbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails2nails

Reaction score
I have client whose nails I have been doing for months, she has NNO and Hollywood toes

I see her every 3 weeks, she has nice nails good condition etc, when I went to do her Infills last night she had bright green bacterial in the centre of each thumb nail, she said she didn't notice because she had been wearing a dark polish for the last week or so

Has anybody heard of this, it seems strange that it is on both thumbs?

I soaked the L&P off and buffed the green, wiped with anti bac the replaced L&P. Am I right in thinking that when it goes green like this that means it's done with and just needs to grow out now>?

:hug:

I have client whose nails I have been doing for months, she has NNO and Hollywood toes

I see her every 3 weeks, she has nice nails good condition etc, when I went to do her Infills last night she had bright green bacterial in the centre of each thumb nail, she said she didn't notice because she had been wearing a dark polish for the last week or so

Has anybody heard of this, it seems strange that it is on both thumbs?

I soaked the L&P off and buffed the green, wiped with anti bac the replaced L&P. Am I right in thinking that when it goes green like this that means it's done with and just needs to grow out now?

:hug:

Yes, you are right that the staining left on the nails just needs to grow out now.

By removing the environment in which the bacteria thrive (by soaking off the product and using your antibac or dehydrator) the infection is now terminated.

However, the client must have knocked or bent or 'used' the nails improperly for the bacteria to invade the area beneath the enhancement into the 'pocket' formed where the product lifted.

You will need to ask her what she was doing with her thumbs for this to happen? Maybe the thumb nails are just too long to be practical for this client; often this is the case?

You also need to watch what you yourself are doing during regular manitenace appointments. Make sure you have always clamped and sealed the side walls of the free edge to make sure there is no separation of the product which would allow the enhancement to 'leak' and for moisture and bacteria to invade the area between the natural nail and the product.

Latest posts

Back