Two nails popped off after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybylindsay

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I am a new nail tech and just started in a salon and have been working there for about a month.
well on Saturday I did a full set of gel nails that turned out beautiful. I had a text from my client that one nail popped off and then tonight another on popped. I dehydrated twice, removed surface shine, etched the tip and primed. I don't know what happened. The only thing I could think off is she had very short nails because of bitting and the salon I am at has full well tips which I am not used to at all. Could the reason they popped off is because of the tips and there wasn't enough natural nail for gel to bond too?
help please ��

We're her nails bitten very short? If so that certainly could have contributed. With full well tips you can cut or file away the bulk of the well before you apply to the nail. Alternatively you could sculpt instead of tipping which should be stronger. Did you remove all cuticle? I ask as you didn't mention that and with nail biters they tend to have a lot of build on the nail plate which would also cause lifting.

They could also pop off if the tips were too small. Were you happy with the sizing? I would reckon though that they were too far down the nailbed so there wasn't much space for the product to adhere to. Like Pure said, tailor the tips before fitting.

Latest posts

Back