Uncomfortable client advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
I'm mobile, 90% of my business now is existing clients & I love them & never have a prob going to there house, yesterday I took on a new client I went to the house & suddenly started to feel really uncomfable, it was in quite a run down area, the house was full with kids (I have my own, so I have no problem with this) dogs/cats/birds/ there where lads in hoodies in & out all day, next door was being raided by the police with guns, there was a helicopter over the house, I could sell they where all smoking stronger than cigarettes! It was just a horrific day & I just couldn't wait to leave! Do anyone have any advice on how to possibly deal with these situations in the future, felt like I couldn't do much than just carry on & finish as quickly as possible 🙈

Just one of those things about going into peoples homes unfortunately. Just dont go back again lol x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Had a few of these myself & I stopped doing homers because of it. Which is a shame because I have lost clients because I won't travel to their houses anymore but I can't be in that situation again 🙈 xx

I have visited a few of these houses and I just get on with it. Although the smell of the herbal cigarettes does make me feel rather sick, I always found these clients to be really pleasant towards me and I never felt unsafe. if you felt really uncomfortable perhaps don't go back. Otherwise let it all go over your head, it's just the way some people live sadly.
Maybe I'm too laid back for my own good but I have met some right characters and whether it was the "fumes" giving me the giggles or not, I did have a right laugh at appointments.
In fact I've got a client booked in next week who was in that kind of situation but moved from the area and is doing well for themselves.

I am quite an easy going person & feel I can get on with all types of people & found was getting on great considering the circumstances, then started feeling the atmosphere was becoming more hostile not sure if I said something but tried to stay professional the whole time, I did start to panic when the police showed with the guns, & the conversations happening around me about people being shot like an every day conversation, maybe I'm to sheltered lol

I am quite an easy going person & feel I can get on with all types of people & found was getting on great considering the circumstances, then started feeling the atmosphere was becoming more hostile not sure if I said something but tried to stay professional the whole time, I did start to panic when the police showed with the guns, & the conversations happening around me about people being shot like an every day conversation, maybe I'm to sheltered lol

I would probably be quite snobby tbh and not want to go into an environment with smoke etc. But if your feeling unsafe you shouldnt go back... your entering peoples homes you need to make sure you're safe

Thanks definitely need to be more aware, I forgot I also had one lady watching everything I was doing her then saying "oh yeah I could do that, where do I buy the stuff?" Honestly felt like I was doing a free training session! Really got my back up, but felt to uncomfable to say anything

Oh that sounds awful 😰

I really don't think I'd have stayed I'd have ran out halfway through the service and not looked back!!!!!

Wow that sounds bad. I no longer do mobile. Perhaps consider clients coming to you or renting somewhere. Think about your safeguarding as a lone worker. X

Thanks guys! Good to know it's not just me lol, definitely going to take on board clients just coming to me unless I know them & the area :) thanks for the advice 👍

Had similar happen to me. If they ring or txt again just make something up like I'm having to cut down my work load due to taking another job or something similar to that, plus do you really want to me known as someone who goes to those types of places. Could affect what other clients may think of you too so I would stay away. X

Go with your gut instinct. From what I've read, it's telling you...don't be there. What if next time there is a polic raid at their home?

Always listen to that little voice inside xx

Go with your gut instinct. From what I've read, it's telling you...don't be there. What if next time there is a polic raid at their home?

Always listen to that little voice inside xx

Haha the little voice in my head was screaming get out now!! I'd gone down a few days before for a consultation & I knew instantly I wasn't going to feel comfortable there although it was at a diffrent house, I panicked I couldn't think of a valuable reason or excuse as to why I couldn't do her hair 🙈& she gave me a deposit, so went ahead & ordered her hair, thinking "it's not going to be that bad"!! But I had this horrible feeling in my stomach that morning & dragged myself out the door to go, those little voices really do know! Xx

Haha the little voice in my head was screaming get out now!! I'd gone down a few days before for a consultation & I knew instantly I wasn't going to feel comfortable there although it was at a diffrent house, I panicked I couldn't think of a valuable reason or excuse as to why I couldn't do her hair 🙈& she gave me a deposit, so went ahead & ordered her hair, thinking "it's not going to be that bad"!! But I had this horrible feeling in my stomach that morning & dragged myself out the door to go, those little voices really do know! Xx

What did she have done? Not extentions hopefully?

Yep extensions! 🙈

Latest posts

Back