Under age waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celbra86

Reaction score
Hi I am neatly qualified in beauty therapy just waiting to do assessments. A client who is 12 wants her eye brows waxing would this be appropriate? Her parent will be with her.
Thanks

Providing your insurance allows it and you get the parent to sign a consultation form and remain for the treatment then yes it's fine. With young girls I always let them see what the wax is like by applying some to their inner wrist first. Also less is more for the first few eyebrow appointments, don't go in for a drastic re-shape on the first visit just a tidy up is usually a good start.

Great thank you. Just a little worried as I'm not qualified fully. X

Great thank you. Just a little worried as I'm not qualified fully. X

So are you actually qualified to do waxing yet or not? If you haven't yet achieved your qualification then I'm presuming you're not insured to wax clients on your own at work yet and therefore you wouldn't be insured to carry out this treatment

Is it under 16 or under 18 when they have to have parental consent?

You are a child in the eyes of the law until 18. You will need parental consent until then and also a chaperone to protect yourself

If you aren't qualified you wont be covered as of yet unless you are doing the Treatment in your Training Center under a teachers supervision.
eyebrows at 12 is fine if a Guardian is there (they have to sign consultation form and I ask that they come in the room)

Latest posts

Back