Under curing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christabel1

Reaction score
Could use some advice, has anyone ever experienced under curing using a UV lamp? I do my own nails and haven't had any problem with my lamp or kit, until now! I did them last night as normal and woke up this morning with air bubbles under two of my nails and itchy fingers!
I'm an allergy prone person any way but I don't know whether this is more likely because of an allergy or because I need to replace the bulbs in my lamp?
x

If you have not been trained to use gels then you will most likely not be using all the correct products in the correct way and have now more than likely given yourself an allergy to what you have been using.
I would advise you to go to the doctor and get checked out to find out what you have become allergic to, so you stop using it and make sure it doesn't become worse & give you a very bad allergic reaction.

Replacing the bulbs in your lamp wouldn't stop you having an allergic reaction if you have developed an allergy to something you are putting on your nails. The only thing that will help now is to completely stop using the products & find out what you are allergic to, you may be lucky and only be allergic to one thing you are using and there may be another product available to replace the one your allergic to but until you know what that is you should discontinue using your gel nail products.

Thanks for your reply, Honestly, I've just been using bad quality products, should have gone for CND over Bluesky but was penny pinching.
I think you're right, I'll stop using it, I have ecsthma on my hands always anyway so it's hard to know whether it's a reaction or just my ecsthma flaring up (because I also did my toes and they're fine) but not worth the risk.
The thing that confused me was why it bubbled - it's normally great, is that likely to be an undercuring thing?
I really wanted to have my nails done for holiday - do you think I should just wait until I've seen my GP before going to a salon for a different set (CND for example)

Latest posts

Back