Underarm wax hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurajane_85

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Iv popped over from hair as I desperatly need your advise!
Iv been for an underarm wax this afternoon with a new salon and I can't tell you how much pain I'm in!!
Iv had my underarm waxed for about 2 years now and never had a problem.
About 2 weeks ago I shaved my underarm as I was going out and the lady who usually does them let me down last minute. So I booked somewhere else for today.
First of all I did say to her if you don't think it's long enough yet just say.
She said it was fine.
She used some kind of roll on comtraption? I'm used to it being done with the wax that sets on you then you pull it off. Sorry I don't know the technical term.
Then used strips to pull it off well she went over the area a couple of time which I know you're not really supposed to do, so I said if it's not coming out its fine. I'm not dark haired so I can cope for another week. But she continued to roll this thing under my arm which hurt like hell on its own.
Anyway Iv come home and my armpits are on fire!!!!!
To make matters worse there are still quite a few hairs left and when I put my arms down they prickle my skin.
Is there anything you ladies can suggest to help the pain?
It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm out at the weekend. I just want to be pain free.
Thanks in advance.
Laura xxxx

Ouch. The roller is fine, lots of people use a wax roller but it shouldn't hurt when being applied. I would guess it was cooling too quickly and dragging over your skin. You also shouldn't go over more than twice as it ends up taking skin off which can be quite sore.

I would suggest sudacrem and avoid using deoderant and strongly perfumed shower gel for at least 24 hours.

I would also phone the salon and speak to them about your treatment.

Best of luck and happy birthday x

Ouch!! I have had this done to me before so I feel your pain. I just kept putting a cold compress on it & lots of Aloe gel.
Hope you find something to take the pain away.

Sudocreme every few hours should help

I would say savlon ever couple of hours

Thank you for your replys. Sudocrem is at the ready!!

It sounds like prior you had been having it done with hard wax..which is gentler but doesn't always take as much hair BUT with hard wax you can go over. Strip wax is harsher and should only be gone over once. Probably the hair wasn't long enough and also thicker from the recent shave

Latest posts

Back