Undetectable hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
Wanting to add a new method I currently do a lot of micro rings but find my clients struggle to wear hair up without rings being on show around the front. I'm thinking micro bond/ micro keratin extensions may be less visible? Or tape? Recently seen a post about lauren from towie's extensions has hers are undetectable id love to learn this method. Any thoughts what's the best method to go for? Tia xx

Bonds are good, especially when trimmed to size
Have to say though, I've just tried copper tubes on a colleague with very fine hair (she has stress related alopecia...she knows the risks but we're able to check her hair daily before I get told off)
She wears her hair up for work and they're virtually undectable even up close and they're usually completely on show , we matched the bead to the root, used non silicone lined, and she's not lost one strand after a month.
Im really impressed x

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have to say though, I've just tried copper tubes on a colleague with very fine hair (she has stress related alopecia...she knows the risks but we're able to check her hair daily before I get told off)
She wears her hair up for work and they're virtually undectable even up close and they're usually completely on show , we matched the bead to the root, used non silicone lined, and she's not lost one strand after a month.
Im really impressed x

Thanks I'm defo going to give copper tubes a go, do you think they hold better than rings? Xx

Yes I'd say so, they seem to be holding better but obviously need to ensure the entire length of the bead is squeezed tight. I think they look tidier too, I still use micro rings a bit more at the moment while I'm trialling, but might look into swapping over completely

Yes I'd say so, they seem to be holding better but obviously need to ensure the entire length of the bead is squeezed tight. I think they look tidier too, I still use micro rings a bit more at the moment while I'm trialling, but might look into swapping over completely

Are these used with stick tips ?

Yes xx

Im really impressed x

Would you have a pic by any chance?

Is it still easy enough to fit 1g strands with copper tubes? X

Yeh I've had no problems, I'll try and get a picture x

Nanos are 90% less visible than. Any other extensions. There brilliant, I would stay clear. Of tape. Extensions if it's Visability that concerns you when tying hair up

Yeh I've had no problems, I'll try and get a picture x

Can I ask what rings you use with the 1g prestige hair? Having slippage since changing x

I mostly use silicone lined 4.5mm micro rings amd strong springed pliers xx

Would most prefer nano over copper? And would most prefer silicone lined or not?

I def prefer nano silicone lined as prevents damaged to the hair when being removed

Thanks ladies, I'm really Intrested in micro keratin does anyone offer this I'm quite Interested for myself aswell lol x

Help ladies.... I have been using silicone micro rings for years, no problems ever.
Changed over to copper rings on last two clients and they just sliding out with natural hair attached.
Why would this be???
They are fully clamped.

Help ladies.... I have been using silicone micro rings for years, no problems ever.
Changed over to copper rings on last two clients and they just sliding out with natural hair attached.
Why would this be???
They are fully clamped.

Just sliding out Hun? Or when brushing? Must say I've changed to copper rings & so far no probs, what weight strands are you using with what mm tubes?

I asked this question earlier and nobody replied so hoping the more helpful posters on here will give me their opinion......what's everyone's opinion on cutting down tips and how much is too much in your opinion?

I asked this question earlier and nobody replied so hoping the more helpful posters on here will give me their opinion......what's everyone's opinion on cutting down tips and how much is too much in your opinion?

I used to cut tips just tip about a cm off the top, but I had an issue with shedding & was told it was due to trimming tips so now I don't trim atall, I don't think it's made much difference to be honest, but others may differ

I used to cut tips just tip about a cm off the top, but I had an issue with shedding & was told it was due to trimming tips so now I don't trim atall, I don't think it's made much difference to be honest, but others may differ

Thanks for reply. And just out of curiosity was this mentioned where you did your course?

Latest posts

Back