Uniform laws?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate5mith

Reaction score
I have never posted an off topic thread before so not sure if this is allowed - apologies if not!

I am wondering if anyone knows about uniform laws.. My partner's place of work asked him to go out in september last year to buy a white pair of trainers for work which cost him £40. In November, they decided they wanted all employees to wear black shoes, so he had to go out and buy a pair of black trainers, costing £60. In december they changed it to red shoes - since then my partner has put off buying the shoes but he is getting in trouble over it. His manager is threatening to send him home unless he goes out and buys red trainers.

Does anyone else agree that having to buy 3 different coloured pairs of shoes within 3 months is ridiculous? He isn't allowed to just go to a cheap shop either, his white shoes had to be converse and his black trainers had to be a certain make - his work dont do any discounts or buy them their uniform. Has anyone got any advice?

If it comes down to it he will obviously have to buy the trainers. Its just very frustrating that an employer can expect you to spend so much money in the space of so little time on something you will not wear outside of work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Hi Kate

It really depends on the terms of his contract. Although, I would have expected the employer to have provided the shoes or a shoe allowance if it's an essential part of the uniform.

Latest posts

Back