Unisalons, no longer? Big problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milliemakeup

Reaction score
Hi

I use unisalons in my 2 salons. I have been trying to call them for the past few days and a lady answered today and told me the man who owns it has passed away!

She said she don't think unisalons will be running anymore.

I am really scared that I am going to lose my bookings.

Do anyone else use unisalons and know what is going on?

I am tempted to go back to to the book and pencil.

It's a sad thing but it could happen, but if the person who has passed had any business sense he would have sorted out what would happen after his death a long time ago x

I would back everything up paper based until you know what is going on and perhaps look around for a. Alternative

I would suggest you backup your appointments to googles icalender straight away. You can also backup your client lists in a number of different formats

Last edited:
might explain why the unisalons.com domain was pulled down. unisalons.co.uk seems to be still active. Also the email system comes back with a failure delivery status. So it seems they have pulled the plug. very sad indeed. Maybe it will be back. Maybe the family need time to themselves.

Hi,

It is so essential that you back up your data each day locally to your computer and for additional precaution you can also back up to a pen drive.

Most software firms will be able to extract your current data from Uni-salons and convert it into their program for you so you wont have the hassle of inputting everything manually into a new system.

StudioTracker offers free data conversions and a special software rate for those switching from a competitor. You can have a free trial of the software here.

Studio Tracker | DownloadFreeTrial

Wonder what would happen for people who have paid for the 1 year technical support plan!

Last edited:
I also managed to get through to Unisalons today. I have paid for the software but can't use it because I can't get an activation code.

The girl I spoke to also told me that the owner had passed away. She advised I seek refund through paypal which I'm in the process of doing.

I would suggest you protect yourself and go back to paper till you can find a replacement.

I am currently looking for a suitable replacement - does anyone have any recommendations? There are so many companies out there but a lot seem to be american and a lot don't give prices.

Jelly, salon software, who I met at the Beauty show a couple of weeks ago say the charged £60 a month which seems expensive to me especially on a long term basis. This could run into thousands over a period of time so I don't really want to become reliant on a product that will be draining on the profit.

Any useful ideas welcomed x:sad:

I don't believe anybody running Unisalons needs to sweat too hard about losing the data that you have already loaded into unisalons. You don't need to load any additional programs to extract the data into another format either. Like I stated above icalender is more than capable of handling the appointment sheet and excel for your client lists. This is assuming you have to use either because Unisalons crashes on you for some reason. I backup to icalender and excel at least twice a week.

I bought Salon Iris a year ago - clearly priced, and interest free payments over a year, then it's yours. I have just added online booking which has already paid for itself. A fantastic product!

This is a pretty unfortunate situation and sad to hear. If anyone is worried about having unsupported software going forward feel free to contact our support at www.youreontime.com and we can load your data free of charge and give you two months free to try out the software, no obligations.

Sad to see things like this happen.

As we really don't like to see peoples businesses affected, if anybody wants to migrate to Salonlite for free and is okay with sending us a backup or an export from your Unisalons system, we'll do our best to import your Unisalons data. Just create an account and then email me directly: [email protected]

We don't normally do this, but in this instance we'd really like to help people get back up and running as soon as possible.

I have had a nightmare with my uni salons system. It crashed and I couldn't access any of my data, had no idea who was booked in the salon or what times. Tried the help line (I paid for support) all day with no answer, only when I emailed and it bounced back did I start to really panic. Luckily found this thread which has been a huge help. Whilst I am hugely sympathetic to the family, it would be helpful if they could put something on the web site/facebook/twitter to alert their customers as the site looks like everything is running as usual. There will be many salons out there who won't realise until there is a problem with their software. Uni salons does back up every time you exit so your data should be retrievable, I got someone in to re load it whilst I moved over to another system. I have chosen Salon Iris and they did manage to move some of the data over although I have had to manually put in all bookings and I have lost all client record cards.Hope other users learn about this before their software crashes and it becomes a panic! Do not want a repeat of last week in the salon ever again!!

I am sure this news is very distressing to you all and other customers.

We at Platinum are very happy to help you, we have migrated many customers from many other systems and are very happy to try and help you also.

This of course would be free of charge.

We can also help with a very flexible payment plan and will of course honour any existing support plan you have already paid for for the 12 months.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Michelle
0845 680 0019
[email protected]

Hi,

I've just come across this post and noticed that the owner has passed away, which is such sad news as he was a very helpful guy. If anyone requires help with the software please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help.

Kind Regards,

Trishul Shah

Have got unisalons and it has been brilliant. Still working fine but concerned about future. As I had alternative systems for stock and the finance side of the business I needed just an appointment and client record system. At the price Unisalons was ideal. All the other software sales seem to want you to have an all singing all dancing system which I do not want. And they all cost the earth compared with unisalons at £90.

Does anyone know a system that I could migrate my client data and appointments to easily and cheaply to continue using this element?:irked:

Commenting on this as we also use UniSalons and had just paid for the support I'm thinking around the time he passed away. I am going to spend a bit of time now chasing it all up to see if the family have perhaps sorted something out. He was the nicest man, always helpful, and it is all very sad.

have you had any success in getting spport for Unisalons. I have had persistent emails from salonsoftwaresystems for Platinum programme. have downloaded trial versionand found it not as simple to install or use as Unisalons.

unisalons still working but worried about future. Has anyone got a cheap but good solution?

I doubt you will get any more support for Unisalons. They would have bought the system and customer database with the medium and longer term intention of upgrading them to their main system.

Latest posts

Back