Unqualified tech local to me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all!

I came across the social media of a lash extensions and nail tech in the next town to me. Her nails look okay but lashes awful, so I read through some of her stuff and she's not qualified. Her info states 'not qualified but practicing as I'm an aspiring beauty therapist'. Not qualified obviously means not insured. She's charging only £10 for classics and £5(!)for infills and to practice Russian volume.
I don't know what the point of my post is I guess just would you report?

Report it to who? There is no requirement to be qualified or insured in the UK as far as I'm aware. Of course, if someone sues her, she could become unstuck.

But if she's genuinely training, she can get trainee insurance I think.

Yes, I'm sure the Guild do insurance for beauty students while they are training for example.
As she's clearly stating to clients that she is still training, they are fully informed of her level of skill when accepting a treatment from her.
As BannerPenguin says she is not breaking law in the UK.

I'm sure the clients will make up their own minds about the quality of service but everyone has to practice to become competent somehow and her prices sound like she is just covering product costs.

Latest posts

Back