Updo for extremely long, thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a bridal hair trial next week. I do a lot of wedding hair and usually I don't worry but this particular client has waist length hair and it is EXTREMELY thick! To add to my worries she wants an updo that's quite high on the head so that her veil will sit underneath. Does anybody have any ideas on making it look less thick and lasting the night? Or am I right in thinking that it's not going to work and if it does she'll have a very sore, heavy head at the end of the night? Any ideas on a style that I could recommend instead?
The pic attached is the style she wants. Tia.

Attachments

• IMG-20170313-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170313-WA0001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 68
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1504727143.830975.jpg
I did this for a clients prom recently. Her hair is ridiculously long and thick so curled it all before then put in 3 ponytails and used a half doughnut ring to support the middle one and pinned the curls around it. Adding the braid helped lose some hair too. She said it lasted all night and held up with the dancing but took her about an hour to get all the pins out lol! Maybe do a couple of pony tails one higher up near the crown and one directly below, then pin and curl.

Thank you, I'll try that!

I did a young girls prom hair it was down to her bum and so thick! I plaited half of it and wrapped it around the ponytail and then pinned the rest of the curls onto the plait like padding :). Helped secure it more and I had less hair to deal with :)

I have seen a stylist in Springfield Missouri do amazing updo . Jacky Swann can be found on face book . But is now going by Jax Raven . I believe her name is originally Jacquelyn Sutton . If a client wants to look like a queen or princess , she is top notch . Her technique takes many hair pins , but can have beautiful crystals on each one .She can be contacted by [email protected]

Last edited:
I have seen a stylist in Springfield Missouri do amazing updo . Jacky Swann can be found on face book . But is now going by Jax Raven . I believe her name is originally Jacquelyn Sutton . If a client wants to look like a queen or princess , she is top notch . Her technique takes many hair pins , but can have beautiful crystals on each one .She can be contacted by [email protected]

The OP is in the UK so I think more local hair up artists would be preferable, but thank you for your recommendation.

Latest posts

Back