Urgent Assistance Needed!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
I have seen a friend today for the first time in ages, she is and always been a really serious nail biter. I am a little concerned cos on one finger she has bitten down near the cuticle at the Eponychium end (hope I got that one right, not used that term since august!!!!) but she's literally got a hole straight through to her nail bed.

Could I please have some advice as to what is the best way to deal with it, should she cover it or keep it open to the air???

Thanks a million

Interesting post and problem.

In the best interests of hygene, it is better to leave this open to the air at present. If you cover the hole over with a product, then an infection can ensue; mainly because of the moisture that can be trapped in the area.

Your friend needs to control herself and stop doing this kind of damage. Enhancemetns could be just the thing to help her to break the viscious cycle. However wait until this damage dries up and grows out on the nail in question.

OUch!!!
sounds painful. My girls are nightmares for biting theirs and one of them lost her thumb nail where she got an infection due to keep nibbling away at it, Ive tried all sort of shock and horror stories but she has done it since a small child and Im sure she doesnt realise she has them in her mouth sometimes. trouble is not sure if the nail will grow back now. so warn your friend nibbling causes damage and more nibbling causes infection and to leave it alone.

Geeg nice to see you back online again.
HTH

Thanks for your advice Geeg. I'd already refused to enhancements on her at Christmas for a similar reason, however, another friend did them anyway!!!!

I just wasn't sure whether or not she should cover it with some kind of dressing or not but i'll tell her to leave it open to the air and see how she goes and that if she gets any sign of infection to go and see the Doctor.

Thanks again Geeg and as Scattyfox says, nice to see you back around xxx

Latest posts

Back