Urgent help! Spilt tan on cream carpet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Help just spilt a whole cup of 10% of Nouvatan on my cream carpet!

Had the carpet cleaner on it but it's still showing but no where near as bad

Any tips? X

EEEK! Try putting lemon juice on, to break it up and then bicarbonate of soda to soak it up.

Not tried it myself, as its never happened. Hope you manage to get it out, at least it was your own carpet and not a clients (hope that helps to make you feel a bit better!)

How strange, I done the same thing tonight... Except mine was on a waterproof mat (so easily wiped up), I would NEVER trust myself anywhere near cream carpet! Lol

Hope you get it sorted hun :( buy a waterproof mat xxx

Going to sound mad but when I get hair dye on my skin, I saturate with alcohol hand rub then scrub with a baby wipe. I know my skin is not a carpet but that combination completely lifts the near black stain off my pasty skin!

Failing that, the new vanish carpet powder is immense, even lifted old stains outta my stairs :D

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Pour loads of salt over the area then leave to completely dry around 8 hrs and Hoover then voila... If you haven't got some now you need to keep it wet until you get some ...
Good luck x

The best advice i can give is to contact Nouvatan for tips (surely this isn't the first time its happened) . Alternatively contact a carpet cleaning company & they will advise. They will probably want to know what ingredients are involved. Good luck x

I'm with Jules... Call a carpet cleaning company and Nouvatan...

Try to get them in before it dries!

Failing the above suggestions, it's the perfect excuse to go out and buy yourself a gorgeous rug to cover it!!!

Thanks geeks I have cleared most still some slight staining will try some of the above and invest in a mat thank god it was my house! X

Thanks geeks I have cleared most still some slight staining will try some of the above and invest in a mat thank god it was my house! X

Glad you've cleared it up! Did you do it with carpet cleaner? Its useful to know in case it ever happens to me!! x

Last edited:
I saw in a supermarket over the weekend a stain "tan remover" for carpets. Not tried it so dont know if its any good, it was in the isle of cleaning products

Try Ace bleach. I spilt red wine on a cream carpet once and I just poured this stuff on it and it literally disappeared. It's only cheap as well. Hope it works on tanning soulution for you xx

Not all off I'm afraid but used se diluted bleach with a cloth and scrubbed. Will have a look in supermarket for ace and the tan one as really need it to disappear xx

Latest posts

Back