Use of table lamp when applying gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nynn

Reaction score
Hi there!

I've recently started applying Brisa Gel nails (they are fab!!!). However, I've been told that using a table lamp while applying gel nails is not a good idea because the lamp may "cure" the gel. I'm currently using a low heat halogen bulb in my lamp, can I use this type of lamp? My concern is now that we are entering the winter months natural light is at a minimum and therefore it may prove difficult to be able to really see what you are doing without the help of a lamp. Any suggestions???

Thanks
Nynn

Not sure but I dont think halogen lamps are good where gels are

Hi Nynn

Halogen lights in whatever shape or form are a definite a "no-no" with gel systems. You will find that your gels are ruined if they are placed anywhere near halogen or very bright sunlight.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Thanks for your response Karen.

I have been using a holgen lamp for 6 months now with my gels. I did read that they are a no no but so far ive had no problems. I keep the lid on top of my gel pots as much as i can and do not sit them directly under the light emmited from my halogen lamp (just in case!!!)

Karen,

Thanks for your reply. Any advice as to what you can do in the upcoming winter months where natural light is not at its best?

Nynn

Bec,

Thanks for your response.

I've not heard about halogen light affecting gel as I thought it was only ultr violet light that activates the photo initiators. My advice would be to phone Creative and check. In fact thinking about it the desk that LCN sells has a halogen light built in, so maybe it varies from gel to gel.

Hi Nynn

I use a regular spotlight table lamp when natural light isn't too good.

It's also best to avoid placing gels near your curing lamp, as it may cure your gels accidentally!

Karen

Hi

Karen is right. You should keep your lids on your gel pots especially Brisa as they are sensitive to light, even daylight! You should also keep your gel brush out of light or you may find the gel will cure on it and bye bye brush! :mad: (unless its biosculpture or another soakable gel of course!)

I use an ordinary desk lamp. Halogen lights are best avoided. The best thing with gel though is to have good working habits and replace your lids as you go along that way you don't get any suprises when you go to use your gel agian. :wink2:

Lids should be kept on gels at all times due to sunlight and dust particles.
When you say Halogen lights do you mean natural daylight bulbs?
Deb379

Latest posts

Back