Used a "box colour" on my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agree with above iv even seen myself read old posts iv wrote and think I sound a bit cheeky when I'm really not meaning to be lol I think it's just frustration just now I think there really has to be a hair extensions forum and I also think use the search bar should be made a sticky there is so many extension questions but to be fair it's so popular now hence all the posts......still love salon geek though think people should think about the positives of this site rather than the negatives I'm not the most confident with colour and ever since joining this my confidence with colour had rocketed xx

You are right, this forum is to help and advise and if the help and advice does not come up to your expectations then I am sorry but we are all adults and say it as it is. If you feel that you are being unfairly criticised or treated disrespectfully then you ought to report the Geek that is doing this.

There is a lot of snipey comments on here and unfortunately most of them seem to be from Geeks that have not been with us for very long. You need to understand that we are here to help and sugar coating our comments will not be of any great help to you or anyone else, we are not mean, we don't take pleasure in upsetting people or making things unpleasant, we are here to answer questions and give our advice and opinions. We are professionals and can not condone the use of DIY beauty products. How are we going to help you if you go and buy over the counter products? Go to Boots or Superdrug and ask their advice!!!!!

Our advice will always be to go to a professional to get the problem sorted. If you dont like the advice, then maybe you need to ask different questions or ask elsewhere.

We are all passionate about our industry and carreers and love to see new Geeks join us and become part of the extended community, dare I say extended family. We have our little arguments and disagreements and we always make up and carry on with new respect for each other and above all we still keep learning from each other. I do hope that the ones that are choosing not to post on here will return and realize that aiming personal attacks or criticisms are not what we aim to do on here, try to re-read these posts and try to see them from the other person's perspective. You may find that it was a misunderstanding all along.:hug:

Thankyou for your reply but if you read my first post you would see i said i dont want to go to a hairdressers purely because I cannot afford the prices therefor using the box colour in the first place. Which i also quoted big mistake - which it was, as i now want my natural colour back. This does not make me unprofessional in anyway, I would never use a box colour on a client or suggest they do. It was my choice and i thought geeks on here might have some helpful suggestions - Apparently not.

I understand people may read other geeks posts in the wrong way but you can even read for your self the majority of geeks that have posted on here have agreed with me - There are a lot of sharp tongues as someone said on here. Not everyone is as nice as they make out, there just out to make people feel small, and that's what it does, iv noticed it many times on here.. Don't get me wrong i love salon geek and its really helped me, but im very reluctant to post on here anymore. x

Thankyou for your reply but if you read my first post you would see i said i dont want to go to a hairdressers purely because I cannot afford the prices therefor using the box colour in the first place. Which i also quoted big mistake - which it was, as i now want my natural colour back. This does not make me unprofessional in anyway, I would never use a box colour on a client or suggest they do. It was my choice and i thought geeks on here might have some helpful suggestions - Apparently not.

I understand people may read other geeks posts in the wrong way but you can even read for your self the majority of geeks that have posted on here have agreed with me - There are a lot of sharp tongues as someone said on here. Not everyone is as nice as they make out, there just out to make people feel small, and that's what it does, iv noticed it many times on here.. Don't get me wrong i love salon geek and its really helped me, but im very reluctant to post on here anymore. x

I really don't want to come accross as being horrid cos in not but you won't find advice on which box colour to use or which cheap shampoo to but.. We are always going to recommend using the best products and going to a salon.if we said otherwise then we would be hypocryts

In order to get you hair back to its natural state then you will have to be patient and grow it out. Have it cut every 6 weeks and really look after it. Xxx ignore the next "in order" I did a brain fart :)
In order

It is ridiculous the way some people are replying to posts on here not just on this post. You could try colourb4 hun it's not as harsh as a stripper but will take you back to as close to the natural colour as it can. I've used it a few times and it's worked well. It will only work if you have dyed it dark though not if it's been lightened. :) xxx

It is ridiculous the way some people are replying to posts on here not just on this post. You could try colourb4 hun it's not as harsh as a stripper but will take you back to as close to the natural colour as it can. I've used it a few times and it's worked well. It will only work if you have dyed it dark though not if it's been lightened. :) xxx

I'm sorry to say but Colourb4 is not a professional product and can't be recommended on this professional forum. Sorry but recommending off-the-shelf products is not allowed here.

I get the feeling there's a lot of flammers about at the moment, trying to deliberately stir up tensions. :-(

Please not on a pro site that non pros can see. Colour before is horrible stuff and if you saw the disasters we see from people using this then you wouldn't be recommending it x

Oh sorry!!! Didn't even think!! :) xxx

Then maybe you could delete that comment? I wouldn't recommend non pro nail stuff or home waxing ;)

Well it's worked fine for me whenever I've used it. I'm not a hairdresser I'm from beauty and was only giving her another suggestion as she doesn't want a hairdresser. I apologise for naming the product on this site though x

Enough already....I am losing count of the amount of rules being broken here.
The main ones being reply to others how you would want replied to you ! Post constructively ! Oh and no pseudo professional advice given or OTC products to be recommended.....

I will be closing this now but please think on.....If you can't say anything nice or helpful then don't say anything at all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back