Used a "box colour" on my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holliex

Reaction score
I used a box colour on my hair a couple of months ago (I no! Bad idea!) and now want to remove it and go back to my natural colour , iv used box colours years and years ago and they usually just fade but this one wont move! I am a qualified hairdresser but haven't done much hair dressing for about 4/5 years so a bit out if practice! Don't want to go to a hairdressers and iv been using head and shoulders any way I can remove colour myself!? X

I used a box colour on my hair a couple of months ago (I no! Bad idea!) and now want to remove it and go back to my natural colour , iv used box colours years and years ago and they usually just fade but this one wont move! I am a qualified hairdresser but haven't done much hair dressing for about 4/5 years so a bit out if practice! Don't want to go to a hairdressers and iv been using head and shoulders any way I can remove colour myself!? X

Your using everything poorly! Head ad shoulders? Box colours? Qualified or not you should know better. My advice is now... Go seek a real professional

No you can't. Box colors do not exit in semi color ranges. You have permanently altered your natural hair beneath the artificial and will just have to deal with the consequences. Shame on you!

Live and learn...to repeat what the others have said, you cannot return to your -natural- colour. Your best course of action, in my opinion, would be to see a professional. Box colours can be difficult to remove, and the assistance of a professional is highly recommended to ensure the integrity of your hair throughout the correction process.

Hunni your in staffordshire, so nearish to me, pop in and pick up. Some TIGI Recharge shampoo and conditioner, it will slowly pull your Colour out :0) whilst revealing amazingly shiny hair x

To everyone that's moaned at me!... If you read what I said ... (Bad idea I know!!!) don't comment if your just going to put someone down instead of help! I may be qualified that doesn't mean I do anything to do with hairdressing anymore or can even remember anything about it to be honest, (I'm beauty, did hairdressing years ago when I left school and hated it) which is none of anyone's. business... I asked for advise, not to be told shame on me or I'm doing everyone poorly!

I used a box colour , big deal. Obviously a mistake! ... My own fault, I just asked for advise. Everyone is so quick to jump on each other on here!

Hunni your in staffordshire, so nearish to me, pop in and pick up. Some TIGI Recharge shampoo and conditioner, it will slowly pull your Colour out :0) whilst revealing amazingly shiny hair x

Thankyou very much for the only helpful comment :)

Last edited:
To everyone that's moaned at me!... If you read what I said ... (Bad idea I know!!!) don't comment if your just going to put someone down instead of help! I may be qualified that doesn't mean I do anything to do with hairdressing anymore or can even remember anything about it to be honest, (I'm beauty, did hairdressing years ago when I left school and hated it) which is none of anyone's. business... I asked for advise, not to be told shame on me or I'm doing everyone poorly!

I used a box colour , big deal. Obviously a mistake! ... My own fault, I just asked for advise. Everyone is so quick to jump on each other on here!

There has been an awful lot of this recently. Ignore it, we are all have occasional brain farts and do stupid things :)
Paul Michell shampoo three ince every 3 days :)

There has been an awful lot of this recently. Ignore it, we are all have occasional brain farts and do stupid things :)

Thankyou glad you agree!
And thanks for the advice :) x

Brain fart...ha....brilliant use of words. It is all getting a bit cut throat on here!

I know its off topic but I'm glad other people have notice this, there have been a few 'sharp tongues' on her lately!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Hello!

I am in the same position! Been using the old box moose (6) for about a year.

I now have lovely 2 inch roots where I am not going to use boxes anymore and am washing with H&S and deep conditioning and saving so I can get my hair done properly.

I used to have long golden silky hair - now I have dry, brittle crappy hair! :(

xxx

I know its off topic but I'm glad other people have notice this, there have been a few 'sharp tongues' on her lately!xxx

I've actually stopped posting on here becuase of the rude responses.

I've actually stopped posting on here becuase of the rude responses.

It does put you off doesn't it, I feel especially sorry for the new geeks & the geeks who genuinely need help! We allll need to play nice!!! :D xxx

I cant believe the rude, unhelpful comments!!! Thought this forum was to HELP ppl who wanted advise!! Not criticise them.

Hope you manage to sort urges hair out :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Haha 'u

Oh my lord, what is wrong with my typin today!!!!

'Ur' hair was ment to say not 'urges hair' lol. & ignore last comment... Sent too soon!!x

It does put you off doesn't it, I feel especially sorry for the new geeks & the geeks who genuinely need help! We allll need to play nice!!! :D xxx

I think some people think being 'professional' sets them apart from everybody else...

My only option is to fade as much as poss then probably start putting some bleach highlights through and have a trim. lol

xxx

You are right, this forum is to help and advise and if the help and advice does not come up to your expectations then I am sorry but we are all adults and say it as it is. If you feel that you are being unfairly criticised or treated disrespectfully then you ought to report the Geek that is doing this.

There is a lot of snipey comments on here and unfortunately most of them seem to be from Geeks that have not been with us for very long. You need to understand that we are here to help and sugar coating our comments will not be of any great help to you or anyone else, we are not mean, we don't take pleasure in upsetting people or making things unpleasant, we are here to answer questions and give our advice and opinions. We are professionals and can not condone the use of DIY beauty products. How are we going to help you if you go and buy over the counter products? Go to Boots or Superdrug and ask their advice!!!!!

Our advice will always be to go to a professional to get the problem sorted. If you dont like the advice, then maybe you need to ask different questions or ask elsewhere.

We are all passionate about our industry and carreers and love to see new Geeks join us and become part of the extended community, dare I say extended family. We have our little arguments and disagreements and we always make up and carry on with new respect for each other and above all we still keep learning from each other. I do hope that the ones that are choosing not to post on here will return and realize that aiming personal attacks or criticisms are not what we aim to do on here, try to re-read these posts and try to see them from the other person's perspective. You may find that it was a misunderstanding all along.:hug:

Last edited:
You are right, this forum is to help and advise and if the help and advice does not come up to your expectations then I am sorry but we are all adults and say it as it is. If you feel that you are being unfairly criticised or treated disrespectfully then you ought to report the Geek that is doing this.

There is a lot of snipey comments on here and unfortunately most of them seem to be from Geeks that have not been with us for very long. You need to understand that we are here to help and sugar coating our comments will not be of any great help to you or anyone else, we are not mean, we don't take pleasure in upsetting people or making things unpleasant, we are here to answer questions and give our advice and opinions. We are professionals and can not condone the use of DIY beauty products. How are we going to help you if you go and buy over the counter products? Go to Boots or Superdrug and aske their advice!!!!!

Our advice will always be to go to a professional to get the problem sorted. If you dont like the advice, then maybe you need to ask different questions or ask elsewhere.

We are all passionate about our industry and carreers and love to see new Geeks join us and become part of the extended community, dare I say extended family. We have our little arguments and disagreements and we always make up and carry on with new respect for each other and above all we still keep learning from each other. I do hope that the ones that are choosing not to post on here will return and realize that any personal attack or criticism not what we aim to do on here, try to re-read these posts and try to see them from the other person's perspective. You may find that it was a misunderstanding all along.:hug:

I totally agree with what you say about misunderstanding. I do think sometimes some comments are a little harsh but I also think when we read comments it easy to take them the wrong way, because we are just reading the comments we can't hear the tone in which they are meant.(if that makes any sense!) Xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back