Using Bleach!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
I have a client whose nails are always going yellow - and when i say yellow you cant even see the smile line - looks like she's had her hand in mustard!!!! Anyway I know its nothing in particular I am doing as I have same enhancements on myself and smoke as she does!!!! She has just confessed that as a housewife she uses bleach at least once a day and doesnt always wear gloves - I've told her she should always use gloves but is there anything else I can do - eg. not put any base or top coat on and just buff them

Please help - dont want to lose the client if she thinks it me!!!

hi hun!

what products do you use?
i use bio gel, and used to find that it was very porous, so yellowed easily. Now they have intro'd s'gel it's a lot better for keeping my whites, white!!

the things i have found that will contribute to yellowing include smoking, fake tan (including the moisturisers with a hint of tan), and cooking with spices such as tumeric, saffron etc.

If she is the only client with a problem then it is really up to you to explain this to her, so she can look at what she is doing, and start doing it differently! the chances are, she would have this prob with any system you used!

Have you tried getting her to wipe nails with acetone free polish remover every couple of days, and reapplying top coat?

Thanks for the advise. I use l&p and dont have this problem with anyone else - I am doing her infills tomorrow and was going to try and leave the nails without base and top coating them but would this then mean that the actual enhancements are going to discolour rather than just the polish??? They look awlful and I am quite embarrassed to say I did them - lol!!!

my mother does this......soaks her dishes in bleach before she washes them.....it turns her enhancements yellow too .....scream " wear gloves"!! other wise....I just grin and bear it......cheers!:)

Latest posts

Back