Using permanent colours as toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layercaeks

Reaction score
School has taught me that permanants arent to be used as toners because they arent designed for wet hair. I noticed my salon uses them as toners though. Is this normal or is it wrong to do?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can use them as toners if you want, but I think quasis work much quicker when it comes to toning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Majirel and luocolor can be used to tone, not INOA because you have to the dry hair first.

If you use a permanent toner you have to keep it mind it can lift the natural hair if using it over highlights. For toning a global prelightener this isn't an issue.

Yes it's fine wellas koleston perfect is used with pastel (2.9) to tone x

It has to go back to hair science. If the hair has been bleached it already has an alkaline colour on it. Is permanent the kindest option? Probably not. However can be used as an option.

Acidic colours dialight, elumen, Colorance, shades EQ will close the cuticle down and create a higher shine.

It depends which brand you use if they recommend to use permanent and for what reasons.

A clean set of highlights- is permanent really necessary?

The science side of things colour girly has just stated is something you should no as a hair dressing if you didn't no that I would be worried!
But the question was can it be used? And the answer is, yes it can. When it should be used is something you should no (every colour house is different with toning) but wella is Kp and pastel x

Last edited:
The science side of things colour girly has just stated is something you should no as a hair dressing if you didn't no that I would be worried!
But the question was can it be used? And the answer is, yes it can. When it should be used is something you should no (every colour house is different with toning) but wella is Kp and pastel x

Sorry also illumina x

And who said wella said that? I believe it's 2.9 always has been always will be 😉 haha x

And who said wella said that? I believe it's 2.9 always has been always will be 😉 haha x

vivaglam and sugarplumfaery!

Pastel hasn't got a %?😒😒

It's made up of fairy dust and oxygen to give you perfect results each time.

Pastel hasn't got a %?😒😒[/

Oops.

I have just found the email from wella that I asked ages ago

"Welloxon Perfect pastel developer does not have a set development strength as it is a decimal amount. The way in which we teach the percentage is 'Welloxon Perfect pastel is around 2% in developer strength'

Pastel hasn't got a %?😒😒[/

Oops.

I have just found the email from wella that I asked ages ago

"Welloxon Perfect pastel developer does not have a set development strength as it is a decimal amount. The way in which we teach the percentage is 'Welloxon Perfect pastel is around 2% in developer strength'

But you've just said they said it's 2.9?

Latest posts

Back