Using permanent colours as toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.9% has a set decimal amount and is 1.9% - not 1 not 2 but 1.9%.

Think wella said its around 2.9% it's pastel so hasn't got % but they said about 2.9% anyways

Has it changed to 2% in the last few minutes?

If that makes you feel better.

Now I am a little worried. We always use kolestine unless we need 9.01. We are a wella salon and 9.01 is the only semi we touch.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Now I am a little worried. We always use kolestine unless we need 9.01. We are a wella salon and 9.01 is the only semi we touch.

Why are you worried?

Everyone has 9/01 or everyone has koleston?

Your school may use another brand, or there is a reason why they don't recommend.

Equally there may be a reason your salon need to use a permanent.

Are you on the salon floor yet?

I am on the floor with ghd curls and stuff. My school uses revlon and my salon uses wella. I asked my head colourist why we do it and she said that its because you cant get foils close enough to lift the roots. And that she does it to lighten any misses parts.

I am on the floor with ghd curls and stuff. My school uses revlon and my salon uses wella. I asked my head colourist why we do it and she said that its because you cant get foils close enough to lift the roots. And that she does it to lighten any misses parts.

As a qualified technician that's her decision on her clients.

Revlon might not recommend this method, wella do.

It's not the college recommending vs your salon method.

You asked the colourist in the salon?

I did. Since school told me it was a nono for all brands I thought I would enquire about it. I mean I feel like I am better off learning from multiple sources hense why I am here.

I did. Since school told me it was a nono for all brands I thought I would enquire about it. I mean I feel like I am better off learning from multiple sources hense why I am here.

Just wanted to clarify that for myself! Yeah to be honest, the more people's hair you do and the more experience you get will allow you to find the best method for yourself, just bearing in mind you still keep the science side of things in your head.

The real answer is knowing when to use which method of toning on which client for the brand you use.

That makes sense. Would the hairs natural pigment ever be a factor or is it more directed to quality and texture?

Latest posts

Back