UV gel & acrylic help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmamme

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have been trained to do both acrylic and gel nails using The Edge products but my clients complain of lifting every time. This is really knocking my confidence but I have to finish my C&G so I have to work this out.

I have followed the procedure to to the letter and I am sure that my prep and application are not the problem. Im thinking about doing a conversion course but there are so many different brands and I dont want to waste money on another course if the product isnt good.

The brands I have been looking at are CND, LCN and Harmony Gelish.

Basically Im looking for recommendations. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Emma x

I have used CND nail products for many many years. I tried a less expensive line for a brief time but learned the age-old lesson, "you get what you pay for." As far S lifting goes, I have learned that bumping the product into the cuticle, even the tiniest bit, will cause lifting. Best advice is practice, practice, practice. Get the wetness or firmness of the liquid/powder mixture on your brush just right for the area of the nail you are working with. Firmer mix at the tip, to allow better shaping, a little wetter over the body to insure a clearer result when set. Over time, this will all be second nature to you and your frustrations will wain. I cannot say enough about how satisfied I am with CND products. Review your procedure and learn to stay off that cuticle! Even cleaning the product off the cuticle while it's still wet will create a potential lift area. Good luck and don't sell yourself short...there is no better teacher than time and experience!!!

Thanks for your reply.

Its really frustrating following all steps as taught and even still there is lifting.

I really want to do things the right way and not offer substandard treatments. GUess all i can do is to try another brand and go from there!

Thanks

Emma x

Could you maybe list your procedures for us then we could maybe see what would help.
Yes The Edge is a cheap system, but that doesn not necessarily mean it is the problem, and if not switching brands won't help.

Latest posts

Back