UV gel - which is the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candyfloss

Reaction score
Hi all

I spend many an evening viewing many interesting topics on here but hardly ever post on here so here goes......

I am currently using Millennium UV clear gel (as this is what I used when training) but have had a total nightmare trying to order some from their website today (well, I actually couldn't even access the site as it said it was restricted, where have they gone????)

Anyway, I am thinking that it might be time to try a different brand but which is the big question?? I am tempted to try CND and do their conversion course as I already use all their mani products and colour and effects and thinking of doing Shellac in the New Year. Can anyone out there give me some advice please. Would love to hear from you if you use this as it's an expensive mistake to make if I make the wrong choice.

Can I use my standard UV lamp or do I have to use the Brisa or Shellac one?

:irked:

Hi all

I spend many an evening viewing many interesting topics on here but hardly ever post on here so here goes......

I am currently using Millennium UV clear gel (as this is what I used when training) but have had a total nightmare trying to order some from their website today (well, I actually couldn't even access the site as it said it was restricted, where have they gone????)

Anyway, I am thinking that it might be time to try a different brand but which is the big question?? I am tempted to try CND and do their conversion course as I already use all their mani products and colour and effects and thinking of doing Shellac in the New Year. Can anyone out there give me some advice please. Would love to hear from you if you use this as it's an expensive mistake to make if I make the wrong choice.

:irked:

I started with Bio Sculpture & more recently Gelish.
They are both very good products, Bio Sculpture you will need to do a course.

Gelish, as long as you have manicure certificates to prove your a professional you can buy Gelish by Nail Harmony as it is a cross between gel & polish.

If you go to the Gelish site you will learn loads

I assume you use the CND products because you like them? Well, what you have is only the tip of the iceberg, in fact the sort of product that CND are happy to sell to therapists of all types. It just gets better with the pro products, which they take very seriously and want only great results from... Hence you need to convert and learn the 'correct' way to perform a service with their product. You will love the eduation they provide.

Simple answer is yes! you will need either lamp, not both, as either will cure both systems - The Shellac lamp however will do all 5 fingers at once, the BRiSA lamp only 4 fingers at a time, then thumbs together at the end.

hope that helps...

I love Biosculpture I have been using it for 6 years and wouldn't change. I do ocassionaly use CND which I love too. If you are going on to a big brand like these two you do need to do a course which can be expensive but well worth it in the end

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

There are many unique points to CND gels including Brisa and Shellac. We all know Shellac has taken the world by storm, what you may not know, is that brisa gels have for the last 5 years or more been voted by nail technicians as their first choice in the gel category (NAILS Magazine).

One of the reasons I love BRISA is the ease of use, the non stickyness of it, the way it never discolours, the absence of a heat spike and the fact that it is hypoallergenic .. meaning it contains none of the ingredients that are guilty of causing sensitivity in other gels. Brisa is also very strong as it is based on L&P technology and not the usual gel formulations.

I would recomend it as one nail technician to another and I can't see there would be any reason that you would not love it.

ive been using bio sculpture for a few years and really like it but i use NSI at home.
i think it depends on what sort of thing you were after.
bio sculpture is a soak off gel, which is basically like a permanent polish. i only do overlays not extensions.
NSI is a buff off gel, i use it on myself at home. i think it is more like an acrylic how you have to buff into the correct shape and mould the shape with the gel.

everyone prefers different things!:green:
its just finding something you like

Latest posts

Back