UV lamps and acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulou84

Reaction score
hi all :) need some advice please i only work with acrylics and i have a couple of clients that like polish on top of the acrylics and is taking a while to dry and i have been told that you can put them under a UV lamp for them to dry, will this work? or is it possible to put UV polish on top of acrylics?? any advice would be much appreciated thanks :lol:

If you are thinking of regular nailpolish, then no a uv lamp will not assist in drying at all.

However if you are investing in gel polish to put on your acrylic nails then a uv lamp is essential and will cure the gel polish completely in minutes leaving a perfectly dry surface.

if you want to use regular nail polish, a uv lamp won't dry it for you...but you can use quick drying drops such as China Glaze's Fast Freeze China Glaze
but the most popular polish service now is the gel polish/hybrid polishes...such as Gellish/Shellac etc...the cure under a uv light and are completely dry when cured.

Latest posts

Back