UV polish in summer heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinnF

Reaction score
Hello,

It's been very warm recently and I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with their polishes because of it? I obviously store my gel polishes away from the sunlight but the heat still seem to have an impact. When I use them there's what seems to be dried bits. Is there anything that I can do to remedy it apart from trying to keep them cooler in the future? Or is it more likely to be due to something else?

Thankful for any advice!

I am a bit obsessed with the cleaning of the bottle rims after I have used them.
I use a bit of acetone or IPA on a lint free wipe and clean thoroughly. Make sure the lids are firmly on and store upright in a dark drawer.
I have always cleaned my normal nail polishes in this way as they are far more prone to this dried mess that you describe. Thus keeping them in a more usable condition for longer.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Rosie! I try to do that but I have been a little bit lax recently... Will definitely take more care with that now!

Heat won't cure the gel or gel polish, but it will reduce the viscosity. With hybrid gel polishes that contain solvents, it. can make them dry out faster when opened.

If the bits were there from new (sounds like this wasn't the case), it can be due to dirt either in the bottle before filling, or that entered during filling.

Latest posts

Back