UV top coat for nail art on polish on natural nails? IBD help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebelle Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After reading thread after thread after blooming thread...I THOUGHT i was lead to believe IBD UV top coat could be used to seal nail art on normal polish on natural nails? Is this not the case? I'm so confused.
Basically, been after this top coat for ages but couldn't find it anywhere except ebay,so reluctantly bought it from an American supplier from ebay. It arrived and i applied it as follows:
Prepped nails
Applied CND Sticky base coat
Applied two coats nail polish
Applied Nail art
Applied IBD UV Top coat,capped free edge,cured 3 minutes

I rubbed my finger over after and the polish wrinkled a bit...is it supposed to do this??
Next day arrives and my polish starts chipping, gets to day 2 and i have to remove the lot as the chips are so bad :(
I've contacted the supplier on ebay with my concerns and they have contacted the manufacturer who says that it cannot be used over nail art? I've then looked on salon geek again and a geek has posted that this top coat cannot be applied over polish on natural nails?

All i want is a top coat that is going to make natural nail polish with nail art last...is there such a thing??
Thanks Geeks x

Could you use this item ?
Purity Quick Shine (with brush) 15ml

Might want to ring them and check first.
I have not used it myself btw, but I saw geeks talk of it and it is on my "want but dont actually need yet" list.... So I had it bookmarked.

Is this a hard gel or a soak-off gel top coat? You cannot use a hard gel top coat over anything BUT hard gel. Especially not undried polish.

People have used a soak-off uv topcoat over polish but only when the polish has dried 100%, usually this means not before 1-2 hours after applying. If you put it on before that it will harden on top of the wet polish and the polish won't be able to dry because it needs air to do so. This will result in smudging, chipping, flaking and even overexposure to the wet polish.

There are some topcoats that are meant for use over polish but I personally haven't tried any of them. I saw the other day that LCN have one called Polish Seal and there was a thread not long ago listing a few others.

Thanks ladies :)
I don't think it's classed as a 'gel' actually? It just wipes off with normal nail polish remover. I've seen a thread on here saying it's a 'UV top coat' but not a gel...it kind of air drys but then you cure it under UV. I think i'm gunna have to find the manufacturer number and speak to them to see if they can explain-bit of a weird one!!
I'll look into that purity quick shine thanks :)
x

Thanks ladies :)
I don't think it's classed as a 'gel' actually? It just wipes off with normal nail polish remover. I've seen a thread on here saying it's a 'UV top coat' but not a gel...it kind of air drys but then you cure it under UV. I think i'm gunna have to find the manufacturer number and speak to them to see if they can explain-bit of a weird one!!
I'll look into that purity quick shine thanks :)
x

Ahhh ok:lol:

Let us know if you learn anything!:)

UV topcoat can only be used on regular polish once it is totally dry so 24 hours later.

UV Topcoat is also great on acrylic nails to make the colours 'pop'

Latest posts

Back