Valentino dust extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Clarky

Reaction score
I have just bought myself a new nail desk without any fitted extraction as I feel they don't really do the job. I planned to get an extraction system to sit on top of the desk and have been looking at the Valentino. I have several questions. Has any one used them and do you feel they are worth the money? I am struggling to find uk suppliers (I've only found one so far) as I'd like to compare prices, so does any one know where I can get them from? What's the difference between the mobile and the desk units? How long do the filters last and is it any noisier than a normal desk extractor? Any other recommendations for good extractors please? Sorry for the long list but all the info I have found has been supplied by the company and I'd love to get the opinion of a tech that has used it. Many thanks x

I am also looking to purchase a desk top dust extractor; so I would be interested in what people have to say. The Valentino is available from Gemma Lambert's shop, through The Nail Team on Facebook.
Other than that, I know nothing; other than I am getting very confused.
I hope you get plenty of more constructive responses! Lol xx

Hi zuki. Yrs that where I've seen them too but the mobile unit is more expensive than the larger stationary one. I'm confused lol. Was just trying to see if it can be bought any where else a bit cheaper too.

It is rather expensive. I have been looking at cheaper ones, but there is no point if they don't work. So difficult to know what to do for the best.
Hopefully someone will have some helpful advise xx

It also looks quite high so I'd be interested to hear how comfortable it is to work over, both for the techs and the client

Hopefully someone will have one and be able to help....anyone? x

Yes, I have three of these Valentino units. - We use the unit that mounts under the table as opposed to the one that sits on top. (You have to have a hole cut into the table to accommodate this particular unit.)

I do not like a lot of clutter, so I prefer the unit that lays flat and out of the way. When I am not using it, I cover it with table towels and you don't really know it's there.

Suction-wise, I would in all honesty have to give it about a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10. The suction is decent, but not perfect. Positioning of the hands is important for it to collect as much dust as possible.

That being said, the people who run the company are lovely - I just met them at a beauty show. Great customer service, and a very well made product. This is not a large machine, so for it's size it does a good job. (I have also previously tried three other options, with very poor results so I was happy to find the Valentino.)

You would need to get into a much larger type of machine to suction more effectively and efficiently. I think for working on the hands the Valentino is fine - usually hands have no infection issues. For working on the feet, we use a capture system called the Salon Pure Air 2. The Salon Pure Air 2 is a (loud) heavy duty workhorse on wheels that suctions up foot filings that could possibly be fungal. We use electric files for our pedicures, and I absolutely would not be without the Salon Pure Air 2 for that type of work. We just attended some specialty foot/pedicure classes and the statistic mentioned at the class is that 80% of clients have some type of foot or nail infection. I always suspected this to be true, and I was glad that someone finally admitted it. We protect ourselves and our other clients by using these heavier duty machines for our foot treatments. While we don't diagnose or treat, we then educate our clients extensively on proper foot care. If they don't have the healthiest feet when they first come to us, they usually get on the right track with our coaching.

The Salon Pure Air 2 can be used for nail desks, however it is a large, bulky, louder type of unit. Though, if you are a very busy technician creating nail dust all day long, everyday, I feel this type of machine would be a much safer choice for your health. I am in the USA, so I am not sure if the Salon Pure Air is available overseas.

Hope that helps a bit...

Latest posts

Back