Varnish removal prior to appointment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyS

Becky B
Reaction score
I'm just having new price lists made up, do you think it would be unreasonable to expect clients to remove their old polish before they come into me? I don't do acrylics or gels but even the vinylux I use can be a pain to remove if left on for too long. Or shall i just get quicker at removal?
Thanks in advance
xxBecky

Yes I do think that would be an unreasonable request. You're the pro with the professional products, it's what you're being paid to do from start to finish.

To speed up removal soak a plastic backed pad with remover then hold it against the nail for a few seconds then with a little pressure pull towards you, this should remove most in just one swipe.

Fab, thanks for your honesty. I use pure acetone thinking it's the strongest remover, is there anything better?

Agree with pure. Although I love it when clients have bare nails, I see it as part of my job!

Vic x

Fab, thanks for your honesty. I use pure acetone thinking it's the strongest remover, is there anything better?
I use CND Nourishing Remover which is as effective as pure acetone but far gentler on the nails and surrounding tissue.

I'm on it! thank you xx

It's part of the job.

I agree with the others, its part of the service. It would be like you going out for dinner but the chef expecting you to cook your own meal

I agree with the others, its part of the service. It would be like you going out for dinner but the chef expecting you to cook your own meal

Lol that made me giggle x

Lol that made me giggle x
Lol it was the only thing i could think of when trying to explain what my point was

Thanks guys. I bought the CND Nourishing remover and a sanding type block (can't think of their name) anyway, removal was easy using the block to take off the top coat, I think I was being too gentle, this way will be much quicker. Thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back